Posts by mnarwold

I suggest using "album based" under Mode and using "none" when it comes to adjustment. It makes your music quieter, but if you have a decent amp it shouldn't be a problem. The other adjustment options will make the music full volume, but will almost always lead to massive clipping on classical pieces because of the high dynamic range. I had one test where a rock song was peaking at 75%, and the classical was mostly at 50% except the loud parts of the song where it went...
If by adaptive volume you are talking about the replay gain then I can say it does a pretty good job. It has two different options, setting volume based on album, or based on track. If you listen to whole albums and don't do playlists then the album version works great. The downside with the track version used in playlists is that some tracks are designed to be louder or quieter than the rest, but this isn't such a big deal really and is pretty rare.  If you're thinking of...
I can't lay down with them either. I fall asleep while sitting, which is unusual for me. I went from SR-225 and they certainly didn't do that. I'm not sure what it is about the 500s that does it. The weight, the great sound, my stunningly good looks while wearing them ...
When I wear my HE-500s they tend to put me to sleep 
I would much prefer the end-table set up as my desk chair isn't all that comfy and with my computer there I'm always distracted by things, like this site. All my music is on my computer and my DAC is USB, so I need to be near the computer. I'd love to get a recliner near the computer. My non-computer set-ups are my Ipod + Fiio E11 and my A/V System.
Pillows are going to be your best, cheap, quick option I can think of. Having the speakers on the floor pointing down should do a lot already . . . actually, you could just do the subwoofer as that's what's going to get through the most. Have you thought about taking up jump-roping as a hobby?
Thanks for enlightening us. That darn french, taking what should be a four letter word and making it eight.
I had never thought of that . . . of course then all "my" stuff would be pink . . .
Buko means a lot, although I only know of it's use when combined with "bucks". It would be great for the consumer if all these companies published their findings, but I don't judge them for not doing so. The competition in the HP world is heating up and companies are all trying to get an edge. Philips decided to invest a lot of money in R+D to get that edge. If they give up that information, they give up their edge, unless they want to give it away for the publicity. One...
Oh I thought I'd start her off with something simple, like the Woo Monoblocks. That should satisfy her for a year