Posts by wolfmuffin

Maybe in Poland ;)
Ha-ha, I see what you did there.   The MS-1is actually are very nice for the price (if you can't find them for $150, you're looking in the wrong place), but if you want an alternative that isn't made by Grado check out AudioTechnica AD700s which should be in the same sort of region price-wise.   $150 is sort of the borderline where you're just below starting to afford the baseline "decent" models of a lot of popular brands. If you go up to $200 you might find your options...
No, cheater plugs are most certainly dangerous. In the event that a live mains connection inside a device without a ground touches a metal chassis, the metal casing and entire signal chain could be at mains voltage. It's fairly rare for it to happen but it DOES happen, and when it happens, all of your equipment and anyone touching it will have a very very bad day. This isn't something to mess around...
"Computer" speakers, like "car" speakers, is just a label that is applied to cheapie consumer speakers that allows them to be sold for more.   The best advice for anyone looking for good computer speakers is to start by looking for good speakers, period, (in your price range) and working backwards from there.   The models you've listed there represent a wide divergence of price ranges, so perhaps you should start by defining a budget.
If cost is an issue, I'm actually a fan of the Behringer UCA-202: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx It's a fraction of the price of the other options you mentioned but I'll be surprised if you can pick it apart.   Put the difference in cost towards a better set of speakers... MS16s are pretty horrible.
My recommendation is a little left field, but I've used these before for this purpose and it works surprisingly well:   AT-2020 USB Condenser http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audio-Technica-AT2020-USB-AT-2020-AT2020USB-USB-Mic-/190579621103   It's a little odd to use a studio condenser for gaming, but it actually ends up being cheaper than some of the more expensive "pro gamer" headsets anyway, and the sound quality is several orders of magnitude better. Using a...
This seems to be a pretty common problem with SM-58s. There is a flood of fake SM-58s on the market that don't have the balancing transformer and don't generate a proper balanced signal. I own one and while the outside casing is a very convincing replica, if you unscrew the capsule on it you'll discover a lead weight where the balancing transformer should be. If you use a "real" XLR cable with it you'll get a very low signal unless you rewire the mic. Mine came with an...