Posts by Prohobo

I just received my 10.33 yesterday and installed the USB drivers from his site onto my Mac Book Air (running windows 7). I am having no problems with my USB 3 port.  You may have already done this, but have you installed the latest USB drivers from his site? I couldn't get mine to work until I did and after that it has been smooth sailing. http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm I will post a proper review when I get the time, just got the NFB-10.33 last night and...
 I see the problem that I caused. What I meant to say is perhaps I would purchase the NFB-28 or even REF 10 in the future and replace this one. Sorry for all the confusion, which is my fault.  I think I now understand why I drummed up so much confusion. sorry :-)
 Thanks - as I do realize and have acknowledged that truth, I still don't see the point...hence my previous post. "I didn't need analog input since all my music is digital (FLAC, MP3, SPOTIFY, etc.) - so I only needed a digital input. I certainly understand if I had analog music (albums or something like that) and wanted to use the NFB-28/10.33 as a pre/amp and headphone amp for my analog music. However, that is not my situation.  I also can't see why I would want to use...
 I think I maybe stupid, because I am not getting your point. Please bare with me. I didn't need analog input since all my music is digital (FLAC, MP3, SPOTIFY, etc.) - so I only needed a digital input. I certainly understand if I had analog music (albums or something like that) and wanted to use the NFB-28/10.33 as a pre/amp and headphone amp for my analog music. However, that is not my situation.  I also can't see why I would want to use an external DAC and then purchase...
 Why would I have to change my AMPs? I am using the 10.33 as a pre-amp into my two existing amps. I wouldn't have to change my amps. My intention was to get a DAC that could serve as a headphone and and also a preamp for my speakers. I thought, as Kingwa confirmed that both the NFB-28 or 10.33 could serve that purpose. The NFB-28 I would have to run one amp unbalanced, while the other balanced, since it only has one set of XLR outs, but it would still work. Perhaps I am...
 After emailing back-n-forth with Kingwa, I went with the NFB-10.33 over the NFB-28. While I have heard the WM in the past and enjoyed it, I never heard the ES.There was also the price difference (which I am on a budget). Add in the fact that I didn't need the analog input stage, but I am running it as a balanced pre-amp out to dual active cross over-amps, the 10.33 had the dual XLR output stage. I know many of you are fans of the ES dac over the WM, but I think I made the...
So I pulled the trigger...It was either the NFB-28 or NFB-10.33   I ended up going with the NFB-10.33 for the following reasons.   1. I didn't need analog input that the NFB-28 had. 2. I like the format (design) of the NFB-28 and NFB-10.33 style, so that eliminated the NFB-10ES for me. 3. I have not heard the ES DAC, but have heard the WM DAC (NFB-2) and I knew I liked the sound. I didn't know if I wanted to risk not hearing the ES before purchasing. 4. My budget...
 Oh...I see. I just saw that the 10.33 had a R transformer and assumed it was the same. I didn't know it was smaller than the NFB-28. Looks like different caps too.
 I believe the 10.33 has the same larger R-transformer as the NFB-28. The only differences I could see are: 1. DAC (dual WM8741 vs. ES9108)2. NFB-28 has analog inputs to use as a headphone amp from an analog stage.3. NFB-10.33 has dual balance XLR/RCA outputs (perhaps better for a multi-amp output stage).  So it is a DAC question for the most part.
 Thank you very much.I placed an order for the NFB-28 wit the TXCO upgrade. Some questions: 1. Can you give me a little detail about the TCXO upgrade and what does it do?2. Since I don't use ACSS output, should I have them replaced with a second set of RCA outputs for free?3. Has anyone used the jumpers for "warmer" sound?4. Anyone experience the HE-300s with this unit?5. Anyone running this as a pre-amp - any suggestions or thoughts?  Thanks - very excited to get my hands...