Posts by b43k

What's up all?  Just wanted to chime in with my modding of my HFI-780's.  What I did since I did not have any DynaMat on hand, and was impatient in ordering them so, just as I have done in the past of my DIY life, I looked for alternatives....  Which led me to "Liquid Tape"!  What Liquid Tape is, is pretty much liquid rubber, that dries into 'electrical tape'.  It comes in a jar and has a rubber cement type brush built into the cap.  I use this Liquid Tape mainly for...
Try swapping out the cushions from your old Sony Wireless cans to the Pulses.  I did this and the old pads are a tad bigger so for me, I get a better seal and it's a noticeable difference, a positive one, in comfort.
I also wonder if you have a defective pair.  I just received my pair a week ago, and in all honesty, the 780's were one of the few cans that sounded that damn good fresh out the box!  Hook them up to power and a grin would be plastered all day on my face.     On the subject of voiding the warranty by removing the sticker to expose the holes on the driver, one way to exploit voiding your warranty would be to use a heat gun or even a hair dryer, and carefully heat the...
Well freakin' said!  The law of attraction.... It's when you worry and your focus is on the negatives that haven't even happened yet such as: it might break, get stolen, so I need to 'sacrifice potential fun things that I could do to my stuff now but cant because..,' then my warranty will be void.... is when bad stuff starts happening.  Not to discount warranties and their worth as unforseen events do occur (for more like car insurance, home insurance, etc.), BUT if your...
Would like to add that this only works on a TouchWiz based Rom for those of you who have rooted their device and are on any CM based rom.  I had since installed a CM Based (4.2.1+) rom, and somehow got 27.4gb again. No matter what, I couldnt format through the phone.  Soon as I installed a TouchWiz based rom, I was instantly able to format my card back to 59.47 through Storage, in settings.  For what it's worth, hope this helps!
Oh wow!  I have had this same problem of my 64gb Sandisk micro SDXC being reduced in half from being reported as 59.47gb to 27.4gb.  Before it got reduced, JB (4.2.2) correctly reported as 59.47 but one day all of a sudden it was 27.4.  This puzzled me and I on crazy research mode.  Prior to ending up here, I had changed my rom back to a 4.1.2 TouchWiz based rom.  I downloaded the Bootice program, but right before installing it I grabbed my phone to manually unmount my...
    Not to mention, that in any case, he decides to go back to factory stock, all he has to do is to download the factory shipped rom his phone came with. LOL don't let them scare you with all that warranty being void if you root, because, if you do have to take your phone back for service or whatever, just un-root back to stock!  As Ashade said, Ever since my laggy ass HTC Hero back in the day transformed from P.O.S. to 'holyWTFhowdidmyPhonegetsofast?!?', I have rooted...
The N2's screen can match or even edge past the iphone's retina display.  You would have to change some settings of course.  You can kind of compare the displays on Samsung's mobile phones to their HDTV's, in a menu feature sorta way lol.  Just like in the bigger brother displays, you can also find picture quality mode settings in the N2 and S3.  They are (as they have always been on the tv's) Dynamic, Standard, Natural(this one's a new addition), and good ol' Movie...
I haven't purchased my headphone amps yet, but I did experiment with what I had on hand: Turtle Beach DSS & Mixamp Pro 2013.  I hooked both of these together and holy....!!!!  The 900's were weak on the low end, I mean lows were pronounced? but faint.  The combination of the DSS and Mixamp resulted into something like: boring Dr. Bruce Banner into THE HULK SMASH!!  I'm really looking forward to getting my amp now though.  THink maybe an e17.  LOL I'm new to this, but this...
Amped?  Before my 900's started taking steroids, I kind of did experience distortion as you said but it was due to a tiny screw falling into the center hole where the driver is held by the magnet.  Soon as I took that out they sounded wonderful again.  Now I finally am enjoying my 900s by jeri-rigging up an amp system through 2 pieces of gaming equipment, lol!  I just ordered me an fiio tho.  I think these 900's will really benefit from being amped.  Just getting in this...