Posts by FlatListener

So a lot has happened in between. I ordered a DT1350 and listened to that for a couple of weeks. I noticed the headphone feed from a decent hifi set is worlds better than my iPod mini jack. So I ordered the FiiO E12 and FiiO E17. Yes I do hear improvement, much better definition, instrument separation. Not much gain in soundstage but the 1350s don't excel in that anyway.   My problem is that at low volumes, there isn't much difference between the bare iPod and any of...
Today I ordered the E12 and E17 to see if any of those will satisfy my needs. I could report back my findings if anyone is interested.
OK I ordered a Beyerdynamic DT-1350 4 weeks ago to play music from my 120GB iPod. Sound is just "ok" for 280 Eurobucks. Mostly lacks instrument separation. It's like all instruments are pinched together into a hose and I'm listening at the other end of the hose.   Now when I connect the DT-1350 to the headphones jack of my Sony DAT59ES (a stone age high quality DAT recorder) these headphones come alive. Very nice instrument separation and clear sound. Still not great...
Thanks! There is hardly any store that has the 1350s on display for trying, as it's discontinued. I just might order a set of 1350s with a 7 day return policy and take it to a store to compare to some current models.  
OK, suppose I choose my music, could you help me a little where to look to find the HP I would want for that music? My music is this: - mainly albums from artists like tears for fears, U2, Coldplay, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Ilse de Lange, Racoon - some top 40 - some classical (<2%) Thanks  
T5p has great reviews, but it's way out of my price range. If it's not going to be the 1350's, I don't know what I should get. I selected it based on the following criteria: - closed - warm sound - play at low volumes and still get good sound - portable - durable Any suggestions?  
After doing lots of research on this forum I am set on the Beyer 1350. I went to a audiophile store and all they had really was a T70 and T70p. I didn't like either one. No pronounced bass, not the instrument separation I was hoping for. I used several different sources, among which were also high end home hifi amps. Somehow all that struck me were strong mid-high tones. I did like the T70 better than the T70p. But I would not spend 250 Euro's for them and they cost...
Hi obobskivich,   Thank you for your elaborate reply. I appreciate that very much. I generally like a warm sound and my nerve system can't support any aggressiveness in music reproduction, so that would point towards the Bose among your two options. However, you say you're not familiar with the 1350's so I am going to look for posts of people comparing those two.   It's good to know that there is no general rule that around-ear isolates better than on-ear. Or at...
Hello,   This is my first post in the full size forum. Although I usually try to find existing information before bothering people with general questions, I did not find anything specific for low volumes and deciding between full size or on-ear type HP's. I usually use way too many words to say what I need to say, so this time I'll do the questions first and the explanation below:   Questions Q#1: "should I get a full size HP, just because it's supposed to have...
Thanks Doc and Rick!   Based upon what I've read so far, the Beyer 1350's look to be my best bet, sorry for not following your advice Rick. I haven't listened to them yet, but I will go to a local reseller soon. Now I need a good shot at which amp to use:   My objective is to get a portable sound setup that is so quiet / isolated that I can keep the volume low and still get a great soundstage listening experience.  It's meant for listening in places outside home...