Posts by FlatListener

Hi! It is my understanding that the XC is a closed HP. However, isolation doesn't seem to be that good so maybe it's an open HP with a wooden cover on both sides.
Thank you for your help! I've had surgery so my response is slow. I'll dig into those. How about the LCD-XC compared to the T5p?
Interesting. I sent both Focals back just because the warmth in the sound was lacking. Apparently this is more important to me, whereas transparency is more important to you. It's totally clear that I ordered the Focals because I was looking for more transparency than my 1350s can provide. Apparently I need to step up in price range to make this happen. There is a Audeze that is closed (LCD-XC) so that may do the trick but it doesn't come cheap. This thing should sound...
You are correct, I must have misread the info. It's strange but the 1350's sound a bit louder than both of the Focals at the same volume setting.
This is very curious indeed. De Classic is warmer than the Pro, that is for sure. But the 1350's (my set at least) really reveals the warmth of the jazz bass instrument in Caro Emerald's "One Day" and also the conga drums in the Hell Freezes Over (acoustic live) version of "Hotel California". The difference is so large that I almost can't believe we're talking about the same equipment. Also, the 1350's go much lower in bass reproduction. I have a Cris Cab "Loves me not"...
Hello,   After trying the BeyerDynamic 1350's (kept those) and Focal Spirit Professional (returned) and Focal Spirit Classic (returned) I am looking for another Head Phone.   After getting my FiiO X5 I suddenly found my music to sound so much better on my Beyer 1350's that I thought I could improve even more if I'd get better Head Phones.    The strong point of the 1350's is that the sound is warm, exactly how I like it. The con is that sound stage is so-so.   The...
Thanks, I'll look into those. Meanwhile, I continued listening to the Focal Spirit Professional and I also ordered the Focal Spirit Classic. I must say that the sound stage is way better than my BeyerDynamic 1350's. As I listened to Eagles - Hotel California Live (the well-known Hell Freezes Over acoustic version) I did find the musical experience I was looking for. However, today I still decided to send both Focals back. Even though the Classic has milder mids, they're...
It's funny, there are some songs that sound better on the Spirit Pro, but the majority sounds too aggressive in the mids to me. This is probably simply my preference, I have the same issue with loudspeakers.   I also think the Beyer 1350's have a stronger and more pronounced bass. Maybe the Spirit Pros sound just a little too "neutral" to me. I am by no means a bass head, far from it.   I do notice that one gets used to a certain HP sound after listening to it for...
I apologise for not having read the entire thread, but I do have the following question:   I just got the Spirit Professional and after listening for about 1 hour find them too harsh in the upper mids. I am using a bare FiiO X5 as a source, playing lossless audio files. I tried Maria Mena "Home for Christmas" (song) and Michael Buble "Come Fly With me" (album). What bothers me most is Maria's voice (Michael's voice is barely OK) and the trumpets.   My reference HP is...
I'm interested. How greatly will it improve and how much use (how many hours) will that improvement take? Would it help to simply plug it in mains (charge it continuously) and let it play with repeat on for a couple of days?