Posts by SkyBleu

Indeed they are!  I'd happily recommend these headphones over many headphones in the $100-$300 range, after having a play with some of the mainstream products in JB HiFi (Australian) store. 
Maybe sometime soon when I have time.
To me, I believe the HM5 pad have made them sound better, if anything. Bass and mids have remained practically the same, although I believe the bass may be a bit more tight, but these are all very minor differences. The main differences are the increase in soundstage and the isolation is much better than it was before.
Just an update. I've used these cans since 6pm to 12am today, and I can happily say that the HM5 pad switch is definitely worth considering if you're experiencing any sort of discomfort from the on-ear design. Still loving these.
Sure thing.  I applied it just like any other ear pad. It's pretty easy to do, and the fit is great. The truth is, it doesn't matter if it's oval-shaped, or round, as long as you can stretch it over (which is not hard in this case), it will fit nice and snug.    That's good to hear that over 4 weeks the sound will become better, because it's already pretty impressive out of the box. I was gonna leave the stock pads on, but for me, I'm just not a big fan of on-ear...
Philips SHL3300 ($42) + Sansa Clip Zip ($30) + Brainwavz HM5 Pads ($18) "Just impulsively grabbed these from my local Dick Smith here in Australia for $42, and I have absolutely no regrets. The sound is superb for a cheapo set of cans, and the build quality isn't a let down either. I'll give it a few days to settle, and see if it gets better or not, but so far, so good. I did a quick on-ear to over-ear mod already, though. Sounds more open with better isolation if you...
Just impulsively grabbed these from my local Dick Smith here in Australia for $42, and I have absolutely no regrets. The sound is superb for a cheapo set of cans, and the build quality isn't a let down either. I'll give it a few days to settle, and see if it gets better or not, but so far, so good. I did a quick on-ear to over-ear mod already, though. Sounds more open with better isolation if you ask me. I took off the stock pads and installed some Brainwavz HM5 pads,...
A revised one sounds good.
Can we get more details on this HP150?
On second thoughts, could it possibly ever be a FW type of issue? Because when I use my nexus 4 charging cable, my DX50 picks it up and displays a charging icon in the top right corner, but it doesn't pop up with the "Connected" message so I can transfer my music over, etc?   Only bringing this up now, because my DX50 was fine within the past few weeks, if not months, with a slightly wobbly port, which I think has been like that for a while, and it hasn't seem to affect...