or Connect

Posts by luisdent

But those appear to be less isolating then the ER4. I've always wished that you would make an earplug out of the ER4 that is strictly an earplug. It could probably look a lot like the comply foam musicians's plugs. And I'm not talking about musician earplugs. I'm talking about straight noise isolation. I get insane amounts of isolation with my ER4. But I don't always want to risk damaging my earphones or having the cables hanging. If you got it out that your phone and...
Absolutely agree! A man after my own heart.I think the real lack is mostly "sub" bass. Using eq to being the sr sub bass up is a better experience than the xr to me. As is lowering the mid bass on the xr.A touch more upper upper highs may not hurt, but I'm curious how the er4b shift the treble overall and if that would work well with more low bass as well. May be hyper real. Lol. The softest v shaped earphone ever. Hehe.Just give me an sr with a bit more sub bass and it...
The sub bass to bass quantity is the same on both. So the xr had more total bass or low end. In that regard orchestras do sound more full. But even electonic music will have more sub bass AND more bass. So while it is definitely an improvement, you don't just get bumping sub bass added. But i bet most people will prefer the xr.
I'll have to see how they hold up compared to my er4s, but i love the new cables. They are sleek, compact, and so far seem durable. There is a bit of play, but I'm guessing that is just part of being removeable. I'm used to fixed cables... Unless it fails prematurely of a fault not my own, i think the cables are perfect, because if i break it, i can buy a new cable and not a new earphone. The clip needs some work, and the etymotic center portion is unnecessary and takes a...
This is a very difficult question to answer, because many people have different opinions on the sound. However, I would say that the XR has enough additional bass that the entire sound has a sort of fullness to it that I believe for most people will make it sound much more like a speaker. I have to be very clear, I absolutely love the XR. It is practically tied with the SR as my favorite earphone of all time. In fact, I've been listening to it exclusively lately.While the...
The sr should at least be "noticeably" louder than the er4s on any device. Amp'd or unamp'd.Both my sr and xr go a good percentage louder than my er4s when i compare volumes.
If i wear the gliders compressed and fit very deeply they sound very similar to the silicon and foam. However, they don't stay compressed easily, so that is harder to do. And they don't seem to last as long, especially compression wise. So typically, if you can't really jam them deep, they tend to be brighter and more bass anemic for me. My tips in order of sound quality, best to worst, assuming they are tight and deep, would be: large triple flange gray foam pink...
I get the best seal consistently with the ety med foam. And they are more comfortable which lets me wear the deeply longer. I belive they are both very close in response if fit correctly. The silicon is just tougher in the ear for me. I think the main difference will be in upper treble response. Both might vary slightly from each other but only very slightly. Due to fit and depth i find the triple flange are usually brighter to me until i wet them and get them very deep...
If you use them a lot they can mold to the shape of your ear a bit yes. Mine crease and bend after a while and then fold over. So they don't last as long for me.
I agree. I wouldn't expect the er4xr to sound "just like" the hd600.However, as i said, i consider them both the most reference neutrality in their perspective classes and form factors. So in that regard they are similar. They are different in some ways, but more alike than any other phones, as they both are very revealing and have the proper amounts of bass, mids, and treble relative to other phones. Neither are perfect. But if i could only have one phone of each type it...