or Connect

Posts by luisdent

I think i know what you mean. You could take away more bass but refine the upper treble. So the overall accuracy is the same, but some may think it's even more bass light and not as good... One treble peak isn't as objectionable as another treble peak, etc...As long as it doesn't sound any worse than the er4s....... ;-) see what i did there? :-P
I wasn't very clear throwing that in there, but I meant purely graph wise. The er4s claims to be 92% accurate with the er4p being 86%. I don't know how etymotic quantifies that, but i always assumed it was how close to the perfect target response graphing curve the actual measured response was.So i just meant that the new er4 was said to be "closer to the target response", so what percentage, by etymotic's standards used for the er4s, is the new er4 target accuracy? 93%?...
Can you comment on any other aspects of the sound improvement? You mentioned the new reference model is closer to your target, but the graph (i realize it isn't finalized) looks almost identical. Was it only a very minuscule 1% improvement? Or is there another area besides raw frequency response that has been improved?   Should we expect to hear a wider stereo image? It sounds like the harmonic distortion is comparable. Is there some other fancy audible improvement we...
Awesome. Thanks. The more info and high res graphs the better ;-) and honestly, thanks a million for taking your time up to talk to us here. It is really appreciated.I'm the most curious if it will feel cold in your ear when it's winter for instance. I assume the metal will conduct temperature more and need to be warmed up in such cases. But maybe it's not enough metal to make a difference? Or you won't feel it because the tip makes all of the contact with your ears and...
Will the new models, specifically the reference model, come with a frequency graph/channel matching compliance graph? And please make sure those graphs you're releasing are nice and high quality ;-) I'm sure this was already answered, but can i safely buy some foam tips for my current er4s, and know that they are exactly the same as what comes with the new models for when i get them?
I'm also curious how exact the two kidels are in the treble. As they are different drivers i would assume they aren't identical. But it will be interesting to compare them..
No, i meant how much bass is appropriate to compensate for the "felt" bass people expect from a speaker. There are many targets, including the harman. I find the harman and diffuse field are good approximations of a studio monitor. One having more bass and one having a bit less. If i had to choose, it's always er4s. But I'm hoping the xr hits a sweet spot in what feels right in overall bass weight...
I agree. But how much bass? I'm hoping the xr is the sweet spot...
So does that mean the socket is the same but the surrounding plastic was added so you could cut out a key slot for you own cables that have additional material that locks into the key slot?So is it just that that extra material on the receiving piece make a narrow fit so that only aftermarket cables with narrower connectors will fit? If they're too thick they'll hit the extra area with the lock?
I peronally love when all accessories are shipped with the product. I realize it may add a bit of cost, but it takes the guess work out of it. No more "should i get that cable? Would thise tips work better?"... Etymotic was good about the er4s having the 1/4" adapter, an assortment of tips, a soft pocket case, and a harder storage case. Multiple cable options would be another bonus! As a DIY'er myself, would this new cable still ultimately be proprietary due to the...