or Connect

Posts by luisdent

I had used ACS customs and they were horrible in terms of altering the sound. Very bad. Rin posted a measurement of customs as well, and "typically" due to the depth and length of the custom sound tubes, etc. it is nearly impossible to retain the neutral signature with custom molded tips. At least from the multiple brands that were...
Not for me. So long as they are by the same grapher for consistency...
Yes,s/sr/xr comparison graphs in high res (not too smoothed)... :-)
Pretty much. :-) What I do like about the XR, is that if I'm listening to it and I don't consciously think about it, I don't usually feel there is too much bass. it just sounds like a great etymotic sound. However, when I compare them one after the other, the SR always leaves me thinking it is more transparent, and that there is absolutely no midbass masking anything. If you never told me I was listening to an XR however, when I compare them one after the other, the SR...
I believe that is the general consensus, yes. I don't think anyone here has thought the er4s was better than the er4sr. Some may find them similar with slight differences in sound, but generally i think people find the sr treble more revealing and the bass more disinct from what I've been reading.I have no problem, but i like ear guides like on the pfe :-) i keep meaning to try them on my er4sr, but i always forget, because I don't even find it necessary to wear over ear...
This is difficult to say. If I had to generalize the sound I would say it is neutral, but due to the bass presentation most people would say it leans towards being bright. But there are so many factors to consider. Assuming you get a perfect depth and seal, I would say the treble is phenomenally smooth and flat compared to most earphones. So, while the overal sound might be on the bright side of things, it isn't harsh or piercing brightness. Most headphones have a lot more...
I bought blind, based on gnarlsagan liking it, and i trust his opinion on all things er4. And simply a new er4 was intriguing to me. Any improvement seemed like an incredible feat. So i had to try them. I've had them since they came out. I had to be one of the first people to order them, and they arrived two days or so later.I currently use the ety grey foam, as i get them very deep and they seal the best. I switch to other tips sometimes and last time i was actually...
I had the re400 a while before the driver died in the left ear. Returned them. Many people have similar issues.Nonetheless, it had a sort of similar overall neutrality to the er4sr but not as accurate. The sub bass was similar if not slightly less subby. But the mid treble had a big dip. To me this gave a false sense of a big soundstage that was sometimes very pleasing. But other times it gave a sense of a strange dullness or darkness to the sound.The harmonic distortion...
I can say this much... I have had something slightly hit me in the ear with the er4s in them. It hurt a little, although nothing serious or lasting. I find it unlikely that you would puncture your eardrum easily, as the shape of the ear is bent and doesn't easily allow the er4 that deep. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it isn't a straight earphone going into a straight ear canal with no resistance... So while possible, I'd say it's unlikely unless you were really...
I believe while they are different in some regards, the xr is an excellent alternative to the hd650 and it sounds less muddled in the highs...