Posts by luisdent

If you're not using eq and you install red filters I think they are probably king in most regards. Very neutral and impressive.
OK, I pulled out the a/b switch and got serious. I have the identical sound on ios with this EQ: 100hz -8db 2.2b/.6q 1500hz 4db 3.7b/.3q 5450hz -4db .24b/6q 6820hz 2db .24b/6q 7850hz -3db .24b/6q 9500hz 4db .2b/7q 12000hz 3db .14b/10q You can probably make 1500hz 4.5db as SGS listed, but accudio doesn't allow .5db adjustments, and it's audibly 99% identical anyway. This is the same as SGS's settings, but his bass was off for me, pretty noticeably. I'm not...
Ok. I compared our eqs. I find mine very close to the v4 setup. Yours is a definite improvement, but more warm and bassy still. Similar in overall shape though with the bass cut and 5xxx hz cut and lower treble bump.I still have yet to a/b my eq with the v4, but headphone switching seems to be right on the overall sound very well. :-)I'd put this earphone up there with some of the best earphones that respond well to eq. The kc06, ex71sl, er4s and mh1 are a few others that...
Definitely,Here are my eq settings so far, which to my ears sound very very close to the setup I was sent. q is for q-values, b is for bandwidth values. I did the eq in accudio's very nice custom eq app. However, the latest version of accudio is VERY glitchy, so make sure you are saving the eq before leaving the custom eq screen every single time and that it is being applied. This should translate to most decent eq apps that allow manual entry though. 80hz    -9db  ...
I think I have my eq almost identical now. :-) the crazy thing is that fixing these requires a 9db cut centered around 80hz with a hugely wide bandwidth. lol. It's like cutting half the earphone's response by 9db :-P
For what it's worth, if anyone wants this EQ fix for the iphone, I replicated it. :-P   I'd say my eq is very close to the setup I was sent. I'm impressed with the setup though. I like that the response file generated an eq that actually sounds flat to my ears, despite this being a shallow iem. And it is pretty darn flat. Not perfect, but up there with some of the best I've heard. As gnarlsagan said, I don't think eq can fix everything with an iem, however, I'm one of...
Package arrived today. Listening now.   For what it's worth, the power amp app is pretty sweet at handling micro sd cards. I threw my 128gb card in there and it whipped through loading all the album art and track info, all of which are high bitrate quality aac .mp4 audio files.   The viper4 app, not so impressed. Not sure what the issue is, but when I first launched everything and tried to listen, the sound was identical in response to the 412 from my iphone 6. I...
I've only been able to remove the plastic filters without damaging them, because they are looser.
 When removing filters, I recommend slowly turning the filter removal tool into the filter ONLY as much as is required to pull it out. Try pulling the filter out with only a slight twist of the tool. If that doesn't work try a little more tight twisting. Repeat until the tool removes the filter with the least screwing possible. The metal filters you have there are tighter than the plastic filters and Etymotic claims they can crack the barrel of the ER4. I've used them...
"Hand. Cannot. Erase." ER4S red filters Holy freaking crap.     I think I just wrote an amazing audio haiku..