Posts by luisdent

I agree about that, but for me it isn't a "vented" seal that fixes it, it's a shallow gentle fit. But no air can be leaking or it sounds completely off to me. This might vary for different people though. I personally feel that if you need to create a vented ear tip and really finagle with the fit then that isn't a great earphone. I'm not saying I don't do things like that to get great sound. Great sound is what matters most to me. However, it makes me think less of an iem...
 Bwahaha. Don't worry gnarl, my money is on your impressions. ;)
I agree on the last two posts. However, I really only care that the final product is an exact duplication of the sample unit floating around. I would hate to find them like the tenore or that the difference in "version" of body style inadvertently affects the sound somehow. I hope they are uber consistent and I'll be happy. I'm already sold if gnarlsagan's review is worth a beans (which i'm guessing it it) :)
 That mod is horrible for me. It makes my tenores sound hollow and just plain bad. I tried it with a much thinner piece of paper to minimize leakage and it was better, but still not good. All it does it break the seal for me instead of just lessing the bass. This causes scooped out frequencies in the mids for me too. I find the depth is more critical for me personally. Shallow is better with any tips. Perhaps if there was a much small venting amount it would be better? Or...
Damn man. You b@sturd. Now I have to hear these puppies and probably sell all my tenores! hahaha
 I'll do some more comparisons later and see what I think. You might be right. I haven't listened to them much on an amp, because the one or two tests I did didn't seem obviously different with the a/b switch, so I just go straight into the source. I know sometimes a sound change can be more noticeable listening for an extended period and then switching for an extended period. I'll test some more and chime in in a day or two...
Personally, I base "power hungry" off the necessity to require high volumes or an additional amp. The tenore requires neither of these for me. Yes, they require more volume than say the pfe112 or mh1 perhaps, but not as much as the er4s for instance, which I can get by with fine with no additional amp. I can use the tenore with my ipod touch or sansa players and never hit max volume. So that to me means not power hungry. But they aren't super loud either. I'd say they're...
They aren't power hungry really. They aren't ultra sensitive either. Sort of in the middle. I think songs with sub bass reveal more sub bass than most people are used to, so even a reference set might seem bassy at first. However, i find the bassier pairs "warm" overall. So every song sounds a bit softer and less dynamic because of it. Either one sounds best with a gently sealed shallow fit in my opinion.
I'll probably be making another video on the tenore and its growing number of issues. Under perfect conditions i'd probably take the tenore over the er4s. However, there are a lot of issues i, and many others, have run into over time. And the er4s just continues to sound consistent when fit right, and very transparent. The tenore is similarly transparent, but only when the tips and fit workout just right and you aren't experiencing imbalance or tonal changes. Those issues...