Posts by luisdent

ah, well, it's the same cable, so it doesn't seem any different while i'm actually using it. I do like that it's a bit more flexible than my last cable, but I'm starting to think it might just be that it's new? I don't really know. Time will tell if it lasts, but it is the same as the old cable in "real use". And I have always been a fan of the etymotic original er4 cable personally. I like the long length. I record music and master audio with it, and it's nice to have...
Wearing?
I haven't head these things out of my ears since I got them back. I've been eager to put them in anytime I'm away. Stock green filters and frosted tips right now. The frosted aren't as comfortable, but they allow me to get a deep and good fit quickly, which I'm digging right now. If I push them in just right the back of the flange is sharp against my ear canal and it really hurts, but they go in deeply pretty easily because they aren't large.   Anyway, I keep listening...
I'm selling some line out connectors for the classic if anyone needs one.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/755333/ipod-line-out-connectors-fiio-l3-fiio-l9-btg-audio
Three gently used ipod line-out connectors for sale. These are for the 30-pin ipod classic style connector.   I don't have a classic anymore, so I don't need these. Asking the following for each:   Fiio L3 - $7 Fiio L9 - $7 BTG Audio - $30   Or $40 for all three. :-P   The Fiio connectors are almost brand new and only used a few times, because I got the BTG Audio adapter. The BTG audio adapter was very gently used as well. I will take gift payments or the buyer...
They are definitely tighter, but some people use them without issue. I just know the orange and yellow take away too much treble, so I only would use red or green, and etymotic sells both of those, so I use the plastic to be safe. I think they both sounds excellent. Green is superb, with or without eq, but especially with a bit of eq to bring down the 2k bump. The red is superb with no eq at all.
Bah. I like the black. :-)
 Agreed, I have bought and sold many iems, but the er4s is my rock. And with a proper fit, I think it might possibly be THE best earphone I've ever heard overall. If you need that thumping sub bas it  doesn't deliver. However, that doesn't mean the sub bass is bad. It's high quality, just not reference levels. But everything else... mmmmmmmm. And i've yet to find a single IEM with perfect sub bass that ALSO has perfect everything above 100Hz like the er4s. The closest...
I find the fastest possible insertion is to wet them pretty good. Not soak them, but wet them all around. Than rotate them as you insert them. This isn't necessary with the mh1 tip as in the last photos. :-)
my thought exactly. a med triflange would be perfect. one key is also getting a seal without creating any vacuum negative or positive pressure. the air in your canal should be sealed but with no pulling or pushing pressure from inserting the tip. that will also change the sound.the mod i just posted should allow you tor try many other tips such as sony, meelec, etc. the mh1 tips always work well for me, because they have a tip that in elongated more than a standard tip....