Posts by luisdent

I have always had the same problem. And the pressure is affecting the sound too believe it or not. Poking holes doesn't help my tips. Try this before you do anything else. It's not harmful and it's really not gross. Lick your fingers and then rub the tips until they are wet. Not just a bit moist, but at least a bit "wet". Then gently rotate them as you insert them. Just try it and see how it works. For me this relieves all pressure issues and even makes them more...
That's cool. I'd be curious to hear a balanced er4s on the balanced output :-)
Are you comparing 44khz 16-bit albums of the same mastering? Otherwise, an uncompressed master with more dynamics will definitely have better bass. This is probably common with pono mastered albums. And the mastering of an album will have a greater impact on the sound than the high res format. But that has nothing to do with the pono hardware. If the identical cd master sounds better, there you go
Unless you changed anything everything was set correctly ;-)
I'm right with you on this. The er4s stock is superb but definitely benefits from an eq cut at 2-3khz. The red filters do this a bit without harming anything else really, so that's what I prefer.Even the red filters benefit from eq though. Have you tested my latest red filter eq on the er4s thread? I'd be really curious to hear your impressions.http://www.head-fi.org/t/726569/review-tour-somic-mh412-viper4android-the-put-up-or-shut-up-review-and-tour/195#post_11496618
Ah yes. It was more compact to ship that way. :-)
Oh sorry, just a few notes. I never actually tried the large battery at all. It didn't turn on, so I just assumed it was dead. I immediately installed the normal battery for the portability and never used the big one, so I can't comment on that. I assume it just drained and died?   Regarding the mesh, I'm not sure if it was there or not when I received the earphones? I never removed the eartips or anything, which is ironic, because i usually try a bunch of tips. However,...
Package is on its way to nmatheis...
Just wanted to say that I can't stress enough how well wetting the tips of your er4 makes life so much easier. You don't have to soak them. I lick my finger and then rub it on the eartips a bit so they are moist. When you do this you can get a much better seal and depth without any vacuum problems. It might sound weird, but it is the single best thing that has improved how easy my er4s are to use. It even makes them more comfortable as they slide and fit more gently when...
Here is a similar er4s with red filters and small triple flange tips EQ fitted deeply and sealed well. It doesn't sound as "thick" as the somic, but overall the same balance and details are brought out. It's impressive to hear the ER4S kicking reference bass levels and more open treble (yes that's possible). ER4S red filter, small triple flange40hz        +7db        1.2bw2950hz        -1db        1.3bw7500hz        +4db        1.0bw8375hz        -5db        0.2bw10000hz  ...