Posts by luisdent

NoooO! :-) I want to hear this. hahaha
It's not that hard if you're constantly using an EQ when you mix and master music. :-)  You start to get used to where the frequencies are. Not that it's always easy to pinpoint or be reliable, but it is easier the more you use EQ. Especially if you have reference material you are familiar with to compare. But even I use a tone generator to be certain. If you don't have one you can make tones with software like audacity or logic or whatever...
For what it's worth, I have had my ER4S for over a year probably and I'm STILL getting better luck with tips and comfort the more I experiment and try other tips. The black triple/double flange tips that gnarlsagan recommended a while back are the best so far. However, I need to wet them. I used to be cautious about this, but now I literally lick my thumb and finger and rub the earphone tips so they are moist. Then I insert them and spin them around a little until they are...
I mighg try when i get settled in next month. Since my cable is damaged, why not?
Yeah, it's amazing what a flatter response can do. As for the er4s, imagine a cleaner even more open sound. Then throw in some ear discomfort and you should have an idea what they're like.
You can, but there are clearly multitudes of people with bad tenores with one issue or another. Kc06, not the case. Even the best cable can fail, but that's not the same as a crappy durability.I superglued my damaged cable and it failed again. I think the point where it enters the housing is simply not robust enough and is prone to bend enough to allow wear and separation. Oh well.
Haven't heard those.And yeah the ostry kc06 are top notch iems.
I'm all over the ostry kc06 as my main iem. I use the er4s for critical listening. With the two I'm currently very content. And I'm a neutral frequency response whore. But the ostry works well for me and is only slightly non-linear, but in a very non-offensive way. Some people hear treble spikes, but I get minimal to no peaks with the right tips. It's more just a slight upper mid dip and slightly boosted bass. But nothing compared to other iems. Extremely durable. I've...
 They still worked before I lost them. haha. But the wire was worse than the photo. Nothing was holding it in but the connection to the driver. It was only a matter of time before it came loose I'm sure. Now where the heck did I store them? ha
 It might "sound" the same, but it isn't technically the same. The grey filter is a different filter density/design. It doesn't just have a hole in it. There is no hole in the grey filter. While they may seem the same, without a proper measurement and comparison it's impossible to say. Our ears aren't good enough to compare something like that in the time it takes to switch filters, etc. I'm not saying it might not improve the sound, but I wouldn't claim it's the same,...