or Connect

Posts by luisdent

As an audiophile and engineer, i think you've subjectively described exactly what i always say objectively also. :-)Basically, the er4sr has perfect response but not enough sub bass. The xr fixes the a small amount but at the cost of a bit much mid bass. They need something in between or with a shift towars an xr style boost but only in the sub bass area. Mmmmm. The extra "overall" bass is what makes it sound like "too much" for some songs. Whereas, just adding that much...
 Statistically, or scientifically, no. Most people that are healthy lose high frequency hearing gradually as they age. Most people of that group lose hearing even faster due to concerts, loud noises at the workplace, etc. Statistically, very very few people can reliably hear past 16khz no matter how many "goldenears" would tell you they are capable. Is it possible? Yes. Of course there are some people, myself included that can hear at least to 17khz or even approach 20khz....
#1 is not true. #2 is not a concern. I was one person who claimed to have "play" in the cable connector. It was something I wondered about at first, but what was recently said makes sense. MMCX usually rotate. Etymotic put a "key" in the connector to prevent the rotation. While it generally stops the rotation to keep the cables straight down, it doesn't physically immobilize the cable. There are always tolerances in the manufacturing. I have had no issues whatsoever with...
I am very critical and i still love my er4xr :-)
Yeah, the treble is sort of between the p/s. He just asked about the s, but that is something to note if he's heard the p.
In my opinion the er4sr is closer to the hf5. The hf5 isn't identical to the er4sr/er4s in response, but it has essentially the same "non-boosted" bass and slightly boosted upper mids.The er4xr is a touch more bass and smoother upper mids than the er4s/hf5.. The er4sr would be more like the hf5. To my ears, the hf5 (it's been a while, but graphs back this up) sound a bit less refined than the er4s/sr. The highest treble is a bit less airy and just less transparent. But...
Yeah, no worries there. 1db is small and that's 1db in a very small range of frequencies too. :-) i'd call it indistinguishable.
I haven't forsaken mu er4sr, but the bass is relaxing without taking much away from the overall tone. I believe they are practixally equal and will probably always keep them both. I use the sr for critical listening and when i feel the need at the moment. The xr is so similar but more relaxing with it's warmer bass. But they are both above and below perfection by a slight degree so they compliment each other somewhat nicely...
Er4xr
For what's it's worth, I haven't touched my er4sr in weeks.......... . . . .. .  . . .   ..   . .  .       .         .