Posts by luisdent

I've only been able to remove the plastic filters without damaging them, because they are looser.
 When removing filters, I recommend slowly turning the filter removal tool into the filter ONLY as much as is required to pull it out. Try pulling the filter out with only a slight twist of the tool. If that doesn't work try a little more tight twisting. Repeat until the tool removes the filter with the least screwing possible. The metal filters you have there are tighter than the plastic filters and Etymotic claims they can crack the barrel of the ER4. I've used them...
"Hand. Cannot. Erase." ER4S red filters Holy freaking crap.     I think I just wrote an amazing audio haiku..
ah, well, it's the same cable, so it doesn't seem any different while i'm actually using it. I do like that it's a bit more flexible than my last cable, but I'm starting to think it might just be that it's new? I don't really know. Time will tell if it lasts, but it is the same as the old cable in "real use". And I have always been a fan of the etymotic original er4 cable personally. I like the long length. I record music and master audio with it, and it's nice to have...
Wearing?
I haven't head these things out of my ears since I got them back. I've been eager to put them in anytime I'm away. Stock green filters and frosted tips right now. The frosted aren't as comfortable, but they allow me to get a deep and good fit quickly, which I'm digging right now. If I push them in just right the back of the flange is sharp against my ear canal and it really hurts, but they go in deeply pretty easily because they aren't large.   Anyway, I keep listening...
I'm selling some line out connectors for the classic if anyone needs one.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/755333/ipod-line-out-connectors-fiio-l3-fiio-l9-btg-audio
Three gently used ipod line-out connectors for sale. These are for the 30-pin ipod classic style connector.   I don't have a classic anymore, so I don't need these. Asking the following for each:   Fiio L3 - $7 Fiio L9 - $7 BTG Audio - $30   Or $40 for all three. :-P   The Fiio connectors are almost brand new and only used a few times, because I got the BTG Audio adapter. The BTG audio adapter was very gently used as well. I will take gift payments or the buyer...
They are definitely tighter, but some people use them without issue. I just know the orange and yellow take away too much treble, so I only would use red or green, and etymotic sells both of those, so I use the plastic to be safe. I think they both sounds excellent. Green is superb, with or without eq, but especially with a bit of eq to bring down the 2k bump. The red is superb with no eq at all.
Bah. I like the black. :-)