Posts by luisdent

I'm first on the list!!! haha ;)
Wanna sell one set to meeeee? :-P
Man o man. I've been rockin' my red filter er4s with triple flange black tips so hard lately. They unfortunately do cause me ear discomfort, literally to the point where i sometimes get scabs in my ears if I wear them a few hours in a row. But I keep coming back for more pain! haha.   Seriously, I went through the very nice tenores, modded mh1, etc. etc. All are very good, but the er4s in this configuration is one of the best I think i've ever heard in an iem. Not...
 I agree. The fiio amps are all over the place in noise, frequency response, etc. The JDS amps are excellent, very reference amps for the price.
This thread is too much of a tease. I need to go away for a month. haha
 I don't mean uneven like dips and peaks. i mean uneven as in the bass didn't sound like it was in line with the rest of the spectrum in terms of level. Sort of like a bassier tenore, how it might only have been the bass boosted in a linear fashion, but the non-bassy sounded more "in line" with the overall spectrum. But with the gr07 it was more "like a portion of the bass" as I said, because the bass wasn't boosted in such a wide curve like the tenore, where it made the...
 I agree. I felt the mids/upper mids of the gr07 mkII to be pretty open and transparent in a sense, but then the treble has a peakiness I didn't like and the bass seemed uneven to me. It wasn't super bassy or peaky, but it was like a portion of the bass was just a bit much. But it still sounded god. I'm still looking for er4s, red filter, mid to treble, with a perfect low end to low mids...
exactly
I use my leatherman pliers (seriously). I've taken out the er4s triple-flange tips, a pfe112 tip and another er4s tip. haha Not too bad, just need to carefully grab the tip and not your ear and then squeeze hard and pull it out gently.   On another note, I wear my er4s pretty deep as expected, securely in the ear. I fell asleep with them in my ears two nights ago and woke up with them out of my ears. That's scary. I can't even imagine someone yanking them out of my ears,...
 Yeah, the tenore is beautiful, but lacks transparency of the er4s. The mh1 is superb, but has some excess bass and slightly less linear treble, but still very excellent. The kc06 is more on the v-shape end of things, but still sounds up there with the other two. However, as much as I love, and use, them all - I've found my way back in a circle to the er4s. It's the best i've ever heard so far. It's just painful to my ears physically sometimes. Such a drag. And there is a...