or Connect

Posts by luisdent

Yeah, i meant on the part where the l/r is embossed. Maybe right behind the R on the right cable? I wonder if there is another glue or material that would work well. I'll play around with ideas...
That's pretty sexy. You just used a sharpie? Will that void our warranty? ;-)And similarly, do you think one could put a dab of super glue on one side? Will that come off later by simply picking it off or using isopropanol?
I find most people tend to percieve bass is fast and tight because there is no mid bass bloat. There are other factors, but it's difficult to have tight bass with extra mid bass. This is why the xr is not as quick as the sr. Even though the bass isn't drastically different, it is boosted fairly evenly up to the mid bass also. This slightly takes away the perception of a quick bass attack because the treble is so slightly masked from the bass boost. And dynamic treble...
The bass is excellent and all this talk is challenging, because not many people have heard the er4 with more perfected bass. Even by their graphing standards and most others it isn't perfect flat bass in the 60hz and lower region. And i think many people would be surprised at how good it sound with just that corrected. You can do this with eq, and the result is excellent. Not to say that everyone would still be satisfied, but those who are accustomed to the difference in...
Yes, etymotic compensates for ear acoustics in the er4. They try to achieve a flat response as much as possible. And they do an excellent job. To most audio professionals and engineers, reference studio monitor speakers under ideal conditions continue to be the reference "flatness" in typical audio targets. The question is usually how do we compensate this or that to achieve a similar studio monitor sound in an earphone.Not every company has that goal though. But etymotic...
I agree with everyrhing here. Go on etydave, start engineering the er4sxr! HeheI listen to hip hop, electronic, rock, you name it. I believe the er4sr lacks sub bass, yes. But every other earphone typically has too much sub bass and other flaws that are much greater in offensiveness than the small lack of sub bass on the er4sr. I listen to things with great sub bass quality and they sound excellent on the er4sr. Depth and seal are critical. Even if you get that, they are...
I prefer the er4sr even for electronic. I love stuff like BT and think the sr sounds better than the xr personally.The xr is primarily the one i use when I'm out an about. Despite the amazing isolation, bass is overshadowed by ambient noise, and the xr helps this just enough in loud ambient environments. But to be completely honest, as incredible as it is (and i may just be talking out my butt here) I'll probably just keep the sr ultimately. Every time i listen to the xr...
I understand all of that and agree. I would say the best, easily agreed upon solution is just to add a thick molded dot near the L or R on on side of the cable piece. As long as i can feel it easily I wouldn't care if it had colors or not. I prefer that, but agree it wouldnt look as good with the current design. It doesn't have to be massive. Just enough to feel with your nail or finger. It's actually pretty hard to feel either marking on there now. :-o
That would be ideal and shouldn't be that difficult since the cable is easily removeable and has smaller connectors.Even just a molded bump on one side would be ideal. You could keep the l/r as they are but add a tactile dot on only one side big enough to easily feel.It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but as well as a bump i actually really like the original er4 colors. nothing is as quick as seeing blue/red. Or even black/red. But that might require a change to the...
I agree and recommended they change this. I could see the L/R on the red/blue model in extremely low light. What i did was actually create a cord lock type piece with paper and tape around the left channel cable. It does slide up and down, but i can easily find the left with it and it doesn't damage anything. I've considered putting a thick dab of glue on one channel on the sr. Some glues could be pulled off with enough force without leaving a mark... Or heatshrink...