Posts by Raeme

Holy crap!!!!! I just did a mod to the PRODJ100s that really opens up the sound stage and resonance as well as removes some of the "compression" I previously felt existed (mostly on the top end).   If you remove the ear pads you will see three groups of holes (in sets of 6 I think) that are drilled around the perimeter of the driver board. Behind these holes is some kind of tape (it seems thicker than masking tape, but about the same color), well I poked holes...
Hey, interested in knowing why you did not like the DT-250 pads for the PRODJ100? How was the fit? On an unrelated post, an ATH-M50 owner replaced stock pads with DT-250 pads and he mentions that the backing foam was thicker. Perhaps you felt this reduced the highs too much. Unlike you, I feel that with the M50 pads on the PRODJ100 the highs are a little too much for me. Anyway, be interested to know about the DT-250 pads. Thanks.
Obobskivi, from what I understand, the K601 are very similar in sound to the K701/702 but they are a little warmer (stronger mids) and the highs are a little softer with a slightly smaller sound stage. However, they may be harder to drive since they are 120 ohm and not 55 ohm like the K701. Just wondering, have you ever compared the K701 to the K240 MKII? If so, how much better are they and are they worth the extra cost? For me, design plays a role in the headphones I...
Hey, guys, thanks for the feedback on the review. Much appreciated. The design of the F1 headphones look really cool.   Since writing I have auditioned both the AKG K240 MKII and the AKG K271 MKII. Out of all the headphone I recently tried, the K240 MKII sounds the best to me (what can I say? obviously my sound preferences haven't changed in all these years since I bought my original pair of K240 DF). I do think the K550 does sound better than the K271 MKII - the...
Pros: Tight bass, warm tones, amazing detail, versatility, value, build, comfort, LACK of aural fatigue   Cons: Mild compression, rolled highs, no prestige factor, lack of initial aural “WOW”   I have recently been on an all-consuming quest to find a new set of headphone due to my renewed interest in audiophilia (at least to the extent that I'm willing to take it). Anyways, for the past while I have been intently auditioning several pairs of headphones to replace...