Posts by willowbrook

If you bought a week before the release of next revision, I can understand. However, as you know they might have stopped production of NFB-11 (2014) long ago, but they cannot be sitting in stock without being sold if they announce that a new model is going to be released soon...
 Well, the transformer upgrade was free for a while anyway...now the switch part, I want that...so bad. I think the 2015 version is like a polished version of NFB-11 which is very nice, but bad for people who got it before the revision :(
I think after Windows 8, people seem to have problems. If you go on Schiit's Wyrd product site, it says that the problem is common with Windows 8 and Mac Mavericks. I might be wrong and it could just be the quality of USB hubs or something...
 Yes, I think that is it. I have 2 3.0 and both of those did not work so well. The 2.0 port works flawlessly :)
So, I just kept having this problem of sudden stops and clicking sounds in random parts of songs and I became really annoyed for a few days. However, after a simple USB port switch, the clicking noise completely faded and the output is very clean. If anyone is having problem similar like me, I suggest switching USB port or a driver update for them if switching does not fix the problem.
This was bought from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/751448/alpha-dog-he-500-hd600-for-sale I only wanted to try these and I did for only a couple hours. They are only 2 weeks old without much usage at all. It has no scratches and works very well. Everything including the receipt will be shipped. I am offering 250 for the cans only. Shipping (depends on location) and Paypal fee is on the buyer.
 I am just going to stick with WASAPI...  Yes, my final advice is that if you got the HD650, don't bother getting the HD600 unless you can have them both. If you are that curious, you can always sell one back, but I think that will be too much of a hassle. HD600 is basically a bit higher treble, recessed bass and forward sounding mid and highs compared to 650. It does not sound as fun as 650, but it does sound very natural. It can be fatiguing to listen for long periods,...
All day, I was able to listen to HD600 and compare directly with HD650 right after that. I was very surprised to hear that they actually sound very very similar. I was about to let the HD650 go and listen to my HD600 happily ever and after, however I now find that HD650 has a fuller sound and better instrumental separation than HD600. It is also easier and more enjoyable to listen to for long periods of time. It must be the recessed bass of HD600 which gave a kind of...
 So many driver problems...also I am getting these pop/crackling noises when I switch track or play something. It goes away after like 10 seconds, but it is very annoying. I am starting to wonder if the gear is actually worth it because of so many driver problems.
I can't get ASIO to work now...I activated ASIO with the driver that audio-gd provided. I installed the asio component on foobar2k, but nothing shows up...restarted my computer, nothing...