Posts by cheapfi

True.  I expect to be carrying a 2.0ghz quad core cpu phone with a 5" 720p+ screen and a very nice gpu in it.   This is not much past the top of the line now in android phones.  Personally with ubuntu for android coming out,  I think a phone and a nice dock would be able to make a good client computer.  Especially if they support an external DAC.   Honestly I think the smartphone/super-phone is a concept that will fade away in a few decades.  When high speed...
The faster they get it out the more mainstream appeal it will have.   The slower they move the more of a niche product it will become.  I've kept an eye on this project off and on for years.  I wanted one back in 2008 when they started taking payments. I decided it wasn't worth the money TO ME by the time they started shipping in 2010.   It was so cool back then.... Pandora 2 might be so cool again, if it comes out before it becomes irrelevant to consumers like me....
Beautiful cars. You are a lucky man.   What's your list of super-cars now?
While listening to stuff!   I use them while waiting for other things, while watching anime if the background noise level is high,  I also use them while my daughter is listening to kids music on the stereo, or to let her listen to kids music on them.   Kid's music will slowly drive you insane.  Using during study times is good if the music is something you've had for awhile, it helps cut off the background noise.    If I ever started writing again I would listen...
I love my android smartphone... but John's phone is oddly desirable.  It is such a clean retro-futuristic industrial design. 
You shouldn't notice a difference between the two formats in SQ if you are ripping from your CD collection.  The source is the same and the format is loss-less.  Any differences will come down to the player. FLAC is just more portable, so get ripping!   Now to storage....   As a guy with a network degree,  I vote for 3 SATA drive RAID 5 and hot swap-able hdd cages with status lights for each drive. Data access speeds matter and if one drive fails it just keeps...
Depends on where I am...   about 20-22 overall..  almost 30 mpg on the highway if I drive easy, only about 12-15 in town.  The instant mpg display says I get about 3 mpg while accelerating and 99 mpg while deccelerating. I have a heavy foot sometimes.     The eclipse gets upwards of 32 mpg with the same driving style.  All numbers are on premium 93 octane.
I am resurrecting this dead thread.....      I was curious to how the audioengine a2 compares to the fostex PM 0.4n and the swan d1010, as well as the swan m10....  I am trying to plan a nice looking, sounding, and compact system for my computer.  I was also contemplating teaming it with a dayton 8" subwoofer for the occasional movie.  I primarilly care about music though.  These are all in the same budget if you are looking at refurbished products now....   This...
I'll rephrase my position a bit...   Removing a modern, relatively low restriction, and functioning catalytic converter will have minimal gains and cause a lot of extra pollution.   A non-functional and clogged one however will throttle the breathing of your car and make it run poorly and pollute more heavily than no catalytic converter at all.   The catalytic converter's now are a much better design than those in the 1990's.  We build them at work so I know....
Catalytic converter's mounts had rusted off.. road salt and cheap steel. The Buick's catalytic converter went bad.  It does makes more power without the cat.  Personally I think if the car isn't running rich the cat really doesn't make a difference. The tests that sport compact car magazine did back in the day support this to an extent.   I live in an area that doesn't do emissions testing, so spending out the wazoo to replace a defective part with another part that can...