Posts by cheapfi

Considering their suzuki design and the era they came from......  slightly more survivable than a smartfortwo or a golf cart, but not by much.  .5 star perhaps? :D
Personally I think the coolest Metros, a term which I'm using to refer to all the suzuki cultus variants, were the factory varients sold under different badges.   The Pontiac Firefly featured a turbo 3 cyl with 73hp and a cool 115ft lb of torque.  The Suzuki swift GTI sported a DOHC 4 Cylinder with 100hp and 83 ft lb of torque.    Both took mods quite easily.   Before you mock them to much remember they only weighed 1700 lbs.... so the were quite the little pocket...
the shielding might be attached only on one end...  other than that...  I doubt it would matter.
    I learned to drive in the hilliest part of Southern Indiana.  My dad taught me to drive a manual in a 89 Geo Metro...  Those things have off-set shift patterns and about 50hp at the crank,  torque is non-existant.    There was a bit of an art about even going up hill, when I had to stop and restart up the hill you felt like you needed a third foot.  :D     I had to hold the clutch and brake with my left foot while shifting, then let off the clutch and brake at...
The GTI will give you more hp from the factory, the TDI will give you better fuel economy.   Both have a lot of potential.  The TDI will be a low rpm torque monster with insane fuel economy while the GTI will have a higher rpm focus on horsepower and less fuel economy.   It is a bit of a preference.  Both would have a lot of power just massively different characters.   From the factory the GTI will be faster.  After tuning it is less defined.  Turbo diesels are very...
Just make sure you video it.   I want to see the shoe banging.
  Actually I was looking at that. That picture is actually photoshopped.  The guy who originally posted it bought an original amx/3 concept body, just the fiberglass shell, then he produced a few replicas of it.  He had it sitting on a pantera kit car frame at first, then decided to build an custom frame.  At the moment he has one unfinished AMX/3 Kit car, with a built 390 v8 and a few more body shells.  His goal was to create a line of kit cars, but he ran out of cash.  ...
The eighties sports cars had charm....  Even the little fox body mustang had some.   I just helped if you didn't mind edges, or boxes.   I loved the datsuns from the early to mid 70's.  The old toyota coupes from the early 70s looked like pocket sized muscle cars.  Old J-tin is pretty cool.   Then in the eighties you had the audi qauttro coupe, the e30 bmws, the ae86 corrola, aw11 mr2, the fc3s RX-7, the porsche 944, the delorean, the countach.... the list goes on...
You're not missing much.  Go eat a bagel.     It probably is a cultural thing.
My dad had it, it drove him nuts.  Considering the most common cause is noise induced hearing loss....  time to lay off the IEM's for a while.  Sometimes it goes away on its own, sometimes drugs like qiuetus will help.