Posts by cheapfi

Fostex PM0.4n monitors are in the process of being replaced with a newer model, so you can find some good deals on those.  Musician's Friend has the black ones for $129 (the other colors are still $199) with free shipping. Everywhere else they are around $200, MSRP is $299. Fleabay can get you some really good deals if you are patient.   You might also consider the Monoprice 5" studio monitors for $165, there is a thread on here talking about them and they seem like a...
Thanks noone ever seems to report about that. If the ocean adds the tube warmth the v2 hopefully would as well.
Have any of you tried the Bravo as a preamp?   I am interested in trying the tube sound with a pair of powered monitor monitors (Fostex PM0.4Ns).   I have been looking at various (very inexpensive) tube buffers on ebay, but the ability to also use the bravo with my Allesandro MS1s would be pretty cool.  I love to listen to old blues so I thought a tube amp sounds like a good choice.
 :D That sounds fantastic.   I want a horse drawn Ferrari now, or at least a picture of one. I think most tube DAC are just regular DAC with a tube headphone amp or preamp added on.  You could probably save quite a bit of money by buying a seperate tube headphone amp/preamp such as the Bravo v2 on Part's express and using your current soundcard. Of course the Aune t1 is very pretty.  It is up to you on aesthetics. After doing some rereading.  I think I understand what the...
Will do, I have to wait for them to ship from Texas to Indiana.  Should probably be around the end of the week..  I am hoping to get my Chinese Grado earpads for my MS1s as well,   Will be interesting to see how Shenling foam compares to the oem.   I wouldn't be surprised if minor differences in the design made the Monoprice version sound a little better or just different from the BX5a.  The only issue is that most of us who consider the Monoprice one can't afford to buy...
If you are considering a set of M-Audio BX5s you might consider Monoprice's 5" Studio Monitors they are well reviewed so far and have been analyzed as rebranded versions of the BX5a.   For $165 a pair they are a pretty great deal.  They might even have a sale around black Friday.   Musician's Friend is doing a closeout on the Fostex PM0.4N as well.  They are selling the black version for $129 with free shipping at the moment. These are considered a pretty big step up...
There is a massive array of airplay and itunes apps available on android.  iTunes Remote offers a near apple level of integration and has a free trial version and a paid version.  Android HiFi lets you use an android phone as an airplay server, you can stream music to it and use it like a airport express.   Double Twist lets you sync your iTunes with your android phone.  Google music will even import your entire itunes collection...
Step 1: Dismantle broken headphones, and learn how to put them back together without breaking them again.   Step 2: Buy these off of ebay or another pair that are in good shape physically but don't work.   Step 3: Assemble one good pair out of the two broken pairs.     If you can't buy a pair that have a good condition case, or get parts from the manufacturer, just buy another used pair and keep the first pair for parts.   ;D   If you are too...
Just strip naked and caress your PSU before you install anything to discharge any static first.  
Sorry, I was just thinking specs.  You would have to install an OS on a Chromebook and it'll work.  You can even install itunes under linux with WINE, you could even buy an older used laptop or netbook for it.   My point was just that about any modern pc has the power to run itunes for audio purposes. Music is easy on a modern computer. You are correct in that a stock Chromebook won't run itunes.