or Connect

Posts by MrMateoHead

Thanks John - I'll find the order and PM.
 What baffles me is that the device has worked flawlessly on my computer until after I switched to Win 10, which has been buggy, no doubt (I re-installed Realtek audio and networking after the upgrade as both weren't working). I thought I had "fixed" the problem by deleting / reinstalling the USB driver and I went ahead and attacked some others as well. The problem subsided, and then returned. My laptop recently had a major update and I tried the ODAC on it - exact same...
The only way I can get a second ODAC is to buy a second ODAC, and that would be a last resort.   I heard the crackling on a laptop I have kicking around as well, but I will try my brothers to see if I get better luck.
Ya - The problem follows all the ports, 2.0 to 3.0. I've tried different USB cables as well. A recent update by Windows brought the version of the USB host to (Intel) 10.0.14393.0 I had tried the ODAC on a different computer with the same result. I has performed flawlessly until recently. Only the L Channel seems affected. Do these things ever fail or something? Mine is only about 2 years old.
Still no solution to my crackling, distorting ODAC   After the problem had gone away for a brief period, it returned with a vengeance. I did a round of driver deletions / updating and nothing is working.   Is there a reason that Windows 10 should have broken my ODAC, or is it possible the thing is failing?   I did notice that a Driver for Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (MSFT) was installed on 3/28/2016. It is version 10.0.10586.212. I can't roll the...
 Frankly, the Schit Magni 2 would be plenty powerful for the HE-400s and your Senn 600s. I'd consider the O2 by JDS labs as well - quite customizeable at this point and drives even the HE-400s like a champ - punchy, clear, and a super "black background". Just add your favorite DAC and enjoy the tunes.
I've screwed with the Pads on mine for years - its now $10 velour all the way, period.   As for "Midrange distortion", I would be the first to suggest that we don't go TOO strongly by what the 100 dB THD plot says - I don't listen that loud, typically, as doing so damages hearing. BUT maybe I do when I am cranking up and the average level + peaks starts to hit well into the 90dB range. I think the point of those graphs is less about revealing how "clean" the headphone...
 Hi there - I am listening to the Cousin of the NAD HP 50s right now, the PSB M4U 1 and while I don't consider them "end game", they are definitely awesome headphones. I've not compared them directly to the HD600/650 but my guess is that they're as good if not better SQ wise considering they are also almost half the price. Very strong, extended bass, a smooth midrange, and really nicely rendered treble. My PSB's beat my Sennheiser HD595s all-around which sound very good on...
Indeed - I need to revise the theory as my prior post was written sloppily. So, 2 USB 3.0 ports, front, connected to the MB header. 4 USB 3.0 ports, rear.2 USB 2.0 ports, rear. So far, keeping the ODAC on its original USB 3.0 port, and connecting the "new" mouse to the adjacent USB 3.0 port, with a keyboard attached to the USB 2.0 port has seemed to be a solution to my problem, which is that the ODAC is producing a constant clipping / static that increases with volume....
As the static reminds me of clipping - either too much power, or too little, the investigation has continued. I have yet a new theory. The only device that has changed in recent months is my mouse - I retired a Logitech for a MS mouse. I have 2 USB 2.0 ports (keyboard and mouse), and 4 USB 3.0 ports (2 in the front of the machine, 2 in the rear). ALL ports demonstrate the noise with the keyboard/mouse no USB 2.0 ports, and with the ODAC on any of the 3.0 ports. I deleted...