Posts by AudioJunki3

For sale is a great condition xDuoo TA-02 valve headphone amp.   No stock tubes, only upgraded Mullard 5654 tubes.   Power cable has english plug on it.   RCA input, 6.3mm headphone output.   Powerful and very sweet sounding amp, also very pretty and small, great for a small desktop rig.   Includes, Original box, UK power adapter, 3.5mm to RCA, AMP & upgraded Mullard tubes(gives warmer sound)   Any questions please ask   Pay via Paypal, gift or you pay the...
Hey all, I bought these drivers for a DIY project, but I have decided they just aren't right for the project, they have spent most of their life with me in the box, only had them about a month, probably had about 20 mins use.   One driver is missing the little silver connector, it got caught on the packaging as I took it out, but you can just solder it to the pin where it was, the connection is working fine, The other driver is totally fine. Both are working...
Sold Elsewhere
For sale, Sony MDR-1R, excellent condition, used on my desktop pc, hasn't really left the room.  Comes in original box, with 2 cables (one with inline remote for iphones) a carrying pouch and the paperwork.  Paid £260 for these, last year. Excellent sound, selling due to building my own headphones, so these are surplus to my needs.  Payment by paypal only  and will not ship outside UK Pay via gift or pay fees, shipping is on...
I am fluent with solidworks and other 3D modelling software, I've never considered printing them though, could be interesting, I wonder how they will sound.
Thanks your explanation sounds pretty accurate to me, and I'll look into speak installations also, perhaps there will be some diagrams about open and closed back phones and speakers on the net.
Wow thanks Avro, those are both great threats and I've learned quite a bit from them, I'm going to try get into the workshop over the next few days. Hopefully I'll start making progress soon. Do you think I should make a thread about the build stages like the guys in the threads you posted, would anyone be interested?Thanks
Hi all, I am a design student from the UK, I have just finished my second year. Woo, summer!.   A few weeks ago I started a project to design and build my own headphones, I currently own Sony's MDR-1R and I love them, but to build my own high quality headphones, is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I am using the HD800 drivers for this build.   I am quite far into the project already, I have a design, I have the drivers, Jacks, Cables, and most of the...
Just wondering if there is any interest for my Sony MDR-1R, need to sell to fund another project. Good condition with original box and a receipt.   PM me with any questions UK ONLY   Regards  Jonny
Thanks, you've been a great help, I will post whatever I end up with in the DIY section, should be finished in a few weeks. :) thanks again