Posts by gibosi

I've not tried that one.I am currently running a MUSES 02 op amp, however, it is quite a bit more expensive than the OPA604AP.    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400418607953?   I have tried the stock MC33078, an OPA2107, an LME 49990 and the MUSES 01, and I like the MUSES 02 the best.
I'm trying to remember....  It's been a while since I had to deal with "new tube hum"....  But as best I can remember, with new tube hum, the level of the hum doesn't change with the volume setting. Further, checking the tube every couple hours during the burning-in process, the tube becomes noticeably quieter. So.... if the hum does't get better with time, you may well have a defective tube.... :(
 Yeah, these tubes can be run at 12.6 volts just like a 12AX7. And just like 12AX7's, it doesn't make any difference - 6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other. :) As the hum is getting better, it just may be that you have a NOS tube, and the hum will go away after burning in for a few hours. Cheers
 I never had that problem, so have no good ideas about what might be causing it. Of course, rechecking your connections is a good idea, especially the left channel, corresponding to pins 6, 7 and 9, and make sure that your heater connection on pin 8 isn't inadvertently touching 7 or 9. Good luck! :) 
 From this discussion: http://www.head-fi.org/t/600110/2359glenn-studio/735#post_8661420 The cathode resister needs to be one-half the value of that used for a 6AS7. The objective is to run the plates at a higher current. However, I do not know what the proper value is for a 6AS7, nor do I know the value of the LD's stock cathode resister. Assuming that the LD's resister is about right for the 6AS7 (a rather risky assumption I think) and you decide to reduce that...
So MOV B65's they are. Thanks guys. :)   And perhaps they were destined for the American market and someone figured it might be better if they were "Made in USA"? So they lied! lol     This reminds me... I have a pair of Siemens EH90's, Blackburn production codes, stamped "Made in Germany". Another lie.... :)
Yes, they do. But then I see "MADE IN USA".... so I wonder.....
Does anyone have any idea who made these?   PAIR IEC MULLARD ECC 6SN7GT METAL BASE VERY RARE TESTED GOOD   http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-IEC-MULLARD-ECC-6SN7GT-METAL-BASE-VERY-RARE-TESTED-GOOD-/281396922488?         These don't look like anything I have ever seen before.....
 It is my understanding that a 5998 requires a different cathode resistance than the 6AS7 in order to really shine. That said, lots of folks have put 5998's into amps designed for the 6AS7 and believe they are an improvement. As the LD was not designed to run 6AS7's, it is just really, really tough to predict how they will sound..... But "Then again, nothing ventured....!! ...And if nothing is lost, better still." And for sure, if they are not a significant improvement,...
 I have never heard these tubes, so I have no idea.... As they are non-linear, I would not expect them to sound good, but apparently, at least one person thinks they are the best he's ever heard. Go figure... lol Since you have a pair coming, let us know what you think. Cheers