Posts by TsukiNick

It sorta works, but it sounds really jacked up like an equalized and processed mess, it'd probably throw you off more than help.  I used it a few times in Call of Duty in Hardcore Search And Destroy when I was the last one.  But honestly better to just listen louder.
Just get the $40 Xonar DGX honestly I liked it better than the Creative Sound Blaster Z for gaming.   I originally sold my Sound Blaster Z, I needed some money at the time, and just bought a Xonar DGX with some of the proceeds and I was gratified with much better surround effects for gaming.  I like Dolby Headphone on the 2nd mode.  Then for music not that it makes a difference you could get a dedicated music set up.  Like I have a Modi/Magni setup but I'd be perfectly...
Even if your source is 16/44.1khz IT NEEDS THAT 96khz don't just double that to 88.2khz  IT CAN GO HIGHER!
But it's sad this site I think probably started out with good intentions but opinions here seem to be contagious.  Automatically a more expensive amp is better than a cheaper amp.  If you say you can't hear the difference you are pretty much told you have bad ears or need a better DAC.  If you can't hear that difference with that DAC the cables you are using need upgrading. If that fails then maybe it's your power supply cable.  After that it's still the same, you're in so...
Gotta use the PYST cables Schiit sells. Actually I do use them, wasn't in the mood for making short RCA cables myself. But come on honestly amps sounding thin...?  I know we want to justify our expensive purchases but honestly even my HD650 are they worth 500 dollars or even 380 when they go that low..not really.  I'd say 200 would be a honest better price for them, I don't think they are this technical masterpiece I simply like its Frequency Response and comfort.  Hard to...
You just need a thicker cable connecting to your DAC.
No the Magni is it adds Bass Mids And Treble and expands the soundstage to make it feel like you are in a concert hall inside another concert hall for cheaper than the O2 YMMV
I have the Focusrite 2i2 it does not get the HD650s very loud  I've tried it through headphone port and balanced connectors on the back.  Unless it's compressed pop music it can get too quiet. It sounds good but it just won't get to those high volume levels you might need.  For old recordings you'll need it cranked up all the way. And make sure the direct monitor is off, it makes it louder for some reason. That's pretty much the only reason to get an amp, it gets it...
Meh I say as long your computeral's DAC isn't noisy just connect a Magni. Or get a Xonar DG or DGX. The Xonars will be less than 50 bucks and drive them just fine. Not to mention you can turn on things like dolby headphone and have a lot of fun with games and movies.
Think a lot of the amp market is a scam, I think if the output is loud enough and the output impedance is low enough to give it a correct damping factor amps are pretty much going to sound the same unless they color the sound and that should be left to some eq shelving unit. My only complaint on the Magni is slight channel imbalance at low volume. So much of it is just comfirmation bias. Id like to see even test results with headphones being recorded and tested with...