Posts by TsukiNick

Xonar DGX soundcard and HD518s, go get em, and of course you'll want a mic. For cheap the Zalman $8 mic works fine, or the antlion modmic. Personally for my cheaper setup I used the AKG Q701s ($200 but very good only beaten by the HD800s) and a modmic Now I have a setup with an HD800 and a Shure SM7B microphone.
I haven't noticed sound quality loss and it's not double amping. I asked people the same question. No answer. It seems like people just parrot others. And since they dont have an answer to copy, nothing to say Im going to go on a crap shoot and say it will ever so slightly raise the Signal to noise ratio but i think you are fine as long as you don't set the sys to 5% of its output and set the magni up to past 3 oclock
Or the O2! but yeah the Attenuators, or the SYS or another brand with a passive volume control for RCA would be cheaper options.
4 Ways I see of doing this 1. If possible change your volume in the card slightly down, if it's set to 24bit and you are playing 16 bit audio windows volume will not lose quality unless it's taken down a whole lot, lower it til you get a bit more useable room (don't just drop it as low as possible though and crank up the magni, a Magni past 3 o'clock is just insane, your source may be low but noise will be amplified. WARNING: Don't do this if you use 24 bit music as it'll...
Need to know a few things don't know exactly how the titanium HD handles outputs and what exactly you want to accomplish, if you could just answer these questions.1. If you are wanting to use surround CMSS 3D for your headphones, can you send it as a line out (not amplified for more powerful headphones) or PCM digital signal (not something like Dolby or DTS)?2. the headphones you will be using and if you have the original Magni, or the new one with Pre-Outs.3. Why you want...
It should just be a pre-out not a real pre-amp.  If you want fixed line level output cheap just run piggyback RCA cables into the Magni and plug inputs into the piggyback part of the connector.  With line level sources you shouldn't notice any loss and then plug the other ends of the piggy back RCA into your other source, Bam full line out, i've compared mono signals one with a direct connection in one channel and a channel with the piggyback connected to a receiver, as...
What is the impedance on these I see some sites listing them as 56 ohms http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/products/product.asp?catID=5&subID=38&prodID=4389 and others saying it's 36ohms http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2262 http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/85b7822ee8285045/index.html Both are official listings, I saw some measurements on golden ears and it looked closer to 36 ohms on there.  But this is weird that one of the...
I'm interested in Binaural microphones.  Or if you have a pair of DT880s (Pro Version, I don't care for the premium versions) and some cash to trade. But list things you have to trade in a message to me.
Selling my HD650s recently upgraded to the LCD-2s so I don't use these too much anymore.  I would like them to be in someone elses hands that will be able to give them more listening time.  A great pair of headphones, they were purchased sometime early 2014.  I have the original box and adapter to 3.5mm, I also have a short cable for them that I'll throw in as well terminated in 3.5mm with a screw-on 1/4th inch adapter. Slight cosmetic damage, small bumps on the grills,...
Haha I found this independently, and was going to post it here, but it looks like I was beaten to it. Using Zones is very useful for the Loki and PCM DAC combo, I sort of wish the Loki had the ability to change to your DAC through the driver instead of just the button. Another thing I wish the Loki did was switch where the input and outputs are as the Magni has the inputs to the far right of the unit looking from the front.