or Connect

Posts by wdh777

Not sure where to post this.  I'm using a hugo TT into a gsx mk2 running it balanced and using an iPad tidal as a source.  It's worked great for a year.  Last night five minutes into streaming I got static/jitter.  If I unplug my iPad and then reconnect it then it works for about five minutes and does it again.  I've traded out headphones, checked the interconnects, tried apple music vs tidal and get the same issue.  The only thing that has changed in my set up is using...
No but I've been running my current set up with an iPad for a year with no problems until last night?  Maybe it is IOS 10?  That is the only thing that has changed.
Help troubleshooting.  I'm getting static about 5 minutes into streaming music.  If I unplug the cord into my iPad and reconnect it then it is fine for another 5 minutes or so.  Set up as follows, I'm using the TT into a gsx mk2 running it balanced and using an iPad to drive it.  At first I thought my LCD4s had a driver issue and switched to a pair of 800s and had the same problem.  I checked the interconnects (my audio quests use batteries but they were working) and even...
I personally was hoping Apple would buy Tidal and upgrade their library to lossless.  They could have announced with the elimination of the headphone jack folks could use the lightning port to use headphones such as the EL8s with a higher quality dac to utilize the lossless music.  They could have even upgraded their beats headphones to sell more of them.  Win win, right?  Now I'm losing faith that they will never have lossless music and won't buy tidal since it seems that...
Also, Apple has done a good job implementing its just works strategy. high end audio requires you to figure out a good source, dac, amp and headphones. If they could just solve the source issue that would be great.
I hear you but if apple would offer lossless streaming I would be very happy. Pretty much my entire family only uses Apple computers and phones so it would be a great solution. I'm hoping when apple loses the headphone jack they will go to lossless. With the acquisition of beats they have so much music talent in house how can they not do this. If they don't I will be extremely disappointed.
I personally would love to have apple take over Tidal.  I think the user interface and music discovery is much better on apple.  The only reason to have tidal is lossless which is why I have it.  The acquisition would give apple more subscribers and access to even more proprietary content.  They are introducing music exclusives way before spotify and with tidal they could dominate this game.  Also, remember the rumor that apple will may get rid of the headphone jacks so...
Hopefully that means another 10 years or so. I don't see how you could improve on the current product. I'm enthralled by mine.
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a travel case for the X's?
Out of curiosity what amp do you prefer the gsx2 or 430ha?