or Connect

Posts by nemomec

Electrostatic amps are more complex than the amps for the dynamic headphones. Other problem is a carefull engineering to provide the safety with the working high voltages. I don´t understand how people think they are to expensive!? There are so many high priced dynamic amps on the market with only a nice case and a few parts inside they costs more than a KGSS or KGSSHV. On the other side when you think the Sennheiser HD6x0 (i like the HD600 over many years but definitly...
Sale of my lovely and rare Stax SR-X MK3 Professional headphone from my collection. The offered headphone is technically in perfect and visually in good condition. This was original a normal bias Stax SR-X MK3 model which was convertet with NOS Gamma Pro drivers to a Pro version. These are a rare studio monitoring headphone with a very neutral sound. It comes without original box but with a additional new pair NOS pads. This is a rare collectors item only seriously...
 The newest SR-007 MK1 that i know and sounds like the first series for me was the SN: 705xx with carbon box, i haven´t seen and heard a 706xx or 707xxx. SN 71xxx sounds different like the SN SZ1-xxxx and comes with the new box. There are a scattering with the SN 71xxx and SZ1-xxx pieces, some sounds very slow and dark some closer to the first series. The SR-007 MK2 series with SZ2-xxxx sounds all same to me and darker/smoother like the most MK1 versions. The SR-007 MK2...
 Yes this is also my experience, the first versions of SR-007 MK1 up to SN 705xxx sounds closer to the original SR-Omega. The newer versions are slower and darker and not so balanced. The SR-009 is objectively seen the better SR-Omega and i think it was developed with the SR-Omega technologie but with a smaller diagram for lower distortion. On the other side the SR-Omega has more mid bass and a little bit more colouration that many people like. In the end its a decision of...
Sold! Sale from my collection my very rare Stax SR-007 MK1 (Omega 2) with low serial number 702xx, one of the first pieces they were sold in 1998 and in my experience much better than all newer models! The SR-007 MK1 is in very good condition and technical without issues (no channel imbalance or others). Supplied in original box with carboon look flightcase. Non smoking pet free home. Payment Paypal or Bank Transfer. Shipping to Germany and EU Countries are free!
Sold!   Non smoking pet free home. Payment Paypal or Bank Transfer. Shipping to Germany and EU Countries are free!
I am looking for a Sennheiser HD600/650 Cardas cable, length 3 m in very good condition.   EU offers welcome!   Thanks!
Is the sound level really the same? I made the experience that many persons listening louder to e-stats than dynamic headphones, i think the reason are the lower distortion.
 It´s your experience if you enjoying the HD-800 more than the SR-009 that is ok, why not, e-stats not for everyone. I have only said that i can´t understand this from my view, i prefer a natural presentation of music and not a technical. Everybody has also a different definition of a TOTL headphones, some think the HD-650 is this, some the HD-800 and some a e-stat setup.
I heard and have owned in the last years so many Sennheiser HD-800 on different average and very expensive setups and i can´t understand why people rate this headphone so high? For sure the HD-800 is a modern looking and comfy headphone with a overall good performance but a 25 years old Stax Lambda sounds more natural to me. The soundstage of the HD-800 are unrealistic with wide but not deep presentation, mids are a little bit diffuse and highs are very technical. I like...