Posts by pathway

The 250 or 770? Or will they both fit?   Happy to try them out :)
Interesting comments regarding pad rolling   I love the cans as stock and my only complaint is the depth of the pad as my ear just touches the driver on some occasions. As an interim measure I have placed a small amount of material inside the pads to lift them a touch which works and hasn't had a negative impact on the SQ.   However, I am intrigued to try some others - perhaps velour rather than pleather so if others have experience I'd be very interested to hear...
I have been planning on doing that - only just got them so not got round to it but it's a trick people have used in the past to improve the seal on the AKG K550. I seem to remember womens 'tights/hosiery' material was suggested.
The MT220 are not an open back HP but are closed.   The isolation is not great but once music is playing, even at reasonably low volumes, I find they block out all the sound in my office environment without needing to push the volume high at all.   I have only been using them for a few days so and have not compared them with my other cans much yet (hence no review to date) but overall I think they are outstanding for the money. The concerns I had about the treble (and...
Much appreciated - I had read the entire thread but completely forgot about those comments - apologies!   My current office cans are pretty bright anyway and generally I like the sound signature so I doubt these will be problematic but only time will tell   Cheers   O
Well,   I'm wondering if I'll ever get to find out myself! Still no HP delivery which is becoming very frustrating. Amazon are usually outstanding but these are 'through' Amazon but coming from another company. They do have a very good rating so I think this may be a one-off hence giving them some leeway.   Anyway - the Philips L2 look fantastic and if I was in the market for a semi-open design in that price range they would certainly be high on my list. However, I'm...
Still waiting on mine - the original item must have been lost in transit so I have been sent a replacement - expecting delivery tomorrow or Monday - here's hoping they turn up this time :)   In the interim I'm still enjoying the K550's so should be in a good position to hear the difference when the MT220s finally turn up.   gelocks - out of interest, how to they (the Yamaha) compare to the Alpha Dogs - appreciate they are wildly different in price (and technology) but...
I've still not received these so no thoughts to share just yet (the company is investigating as they were apparently dispatched early last week!). I've never listened to the COP but from what I have read the Yamaha will be more neutral, accurate and controlled.   GrizzlyBeast did compare them directly in his review with the following comment:   Vs. Beyerdynamic COP (yamaha = tighter bass, less bright, less air, fuller/weightier notes, better resolution, better...
Others have covered the steps to remove the clips and then it is very easy to slide in a new headband BUT...if you want to save a few £/$ then you can carefully cut the back of the headband and re-stuff with simple foam at a cost of pennies.
Well,   If you also have smaller than average ears the Focal Spirit Pro might hit the spot - they have a strong clamp which might mean you can get away without the headband needing to provide so much support.   I didn't listen to the Pro but everything I read about them indicates I would like them and if the build / finish of the classics etc is anything to go by they will be great   O.