Posts by Bloodstriker

I own both and it's a huge difference between the two in terms of soundstage and detail. There are literally full instruments missing when listen to the S4i.
I think the Comply TX 500 is the one that fits.I've swapped out my IE80 cable for an IE8i cable as the iphone remote is a must for me. I don't subscribe to the opinion that cables will make a sonic difference, so it's all about functionality for me.That being said, the IE8i cable has some drawbacks for me. The remote works like it should. The placement is fine. However, the cable itself is a tad thinner than the IE80 cable. I have trouble keeping the cable over and behind...
Just got my IE80s and here are my impressions. I decided to upgrade my one week old CX880i as I wasn't completely satisfied with the sound. However, I'm noticing that the sound is changing as they are burning in. They originally sounded a bit muddy in the mids and highs. And especially recessed mids. This seems to have cleared. Strange! Anyways, about the IE80. I just did a comparison of the two. In terms of soundstage, the IE80s are the clear winner. I didn't think this...
ZARIM, thank you so much for your suggestion about the Headphone Bar. I dropped in there today. The owner was just awesome in that he accommodated me in trying out everything from the HD800 to Grados PS1000(?), explained different DACs and amps then let me listen to a bunch of different IEMS. Basically he laid my top 3 choices on the table and just let me go at it for as long as I pleased. I thought that I would drop in for 20 mins, but wound up in there for about an...
I believe the image and reference are the same with different colors and cables. I wouldn't say that the treble was harsh, but more "edgy" and forward.I can definitely see how one might feel that they are harsh.
I've gone through a few sets of IEMs recently and found myself unhappy with the results (Klipsch S4i and Sennheiser CX880i). Unfortunately, I have no idea where I can test IEMs before I purchase (Vancouver, Canada).   I'm looking for something with a similar sound signature to my Totem Accoustic Hawks floorstanders. I know floorstanders are different, and will have a much, much wider soundstage, but the qualities that I'm looking for are there:   - sweeter sound...
UPDATE:   After some additional time with the two IEMs, I have done a complete 180.   In terms of sound quality, the CX880i is a lot more laid back with much heavier mid-bass than the S4i. The laid back mids and highs lead me to believe that there was less detail than the S4i. Upon more listening, this is simply not the case. There were sounds that the CX880i picked up on that the S4i simply did not. It's not a subtle sound. I'm talking about a cello in the...
I've been trying to find a comparison of the Klipsch Reference S4i and the Sennheiser CX800i. I couldn't find anything so I thought I would buy them both and decide which one suits my tastes. A bit of background about me first. I'm fairly new to the headphone and IEM world. Fhe only semi decent set if headphones I have are the Sennheiser HD555s. However, I've been into hifi and home theater for about 10 years now and I have listened to quite a bit of speakers. Currently...