Posts by Salvatore

Yeah people are often asking for the best product when they should be asking for the best synergy. Been to several hifi meetings with my headphones and tested different amplifiers. Some of them have been better than T1, but you definitely start hitting those diminished returns with more expensive products. Trust me folks, T1 is very nice product for the money (another good price over performance dac/amp is Fiio E17. No tube rolling but you get EQ instead). At least I'm...
 I think richard is talking about the synergy between T1 and he-400, so unless you own he-400, I don't see how this would be bad news for you. He is saying that hifimediy is less bright (and softer) than T1 so it tames the treble of he-400 and therefore has better synergy. If you are using T1 you should definitely try one of the better tubes available / try to work the synergy issues with tube rolling (if you have any). I prefer to roll tubes rather than DACs. And who is...
I think he's trying to say that +16db doesn't add up with your scheme.
M-Stage or O2 would probably be my choice.
I trust your hearing, but I'm sure the volume knob doesn't change the frequency response. If I ever notice something like that I would immediately change to some other amp/dac. My theory is that you have sensitive ears and with high volumes the lows and/or highs fatigue your ears so that the mids feel recessed. That's my only reasonable explain to this. The volume knob isn't linear, that's for sure, but it also shouldn't eq the sound. There could also be some high volume...
Quote: So what you're saying is that by increasing the volume from 20% to 60% you recess the vocals from 70% to 40% (in relation to the mix)? In my opinion this just can't be true.  Hmm I doubt it. Wouldn't this have huge effect to the headphone measurements? Maybe with high volumes our ears "block" some frequencies that are more harmful to the ear? If this was the case shouldn't it be treble that gets recessed? Its never the vocals (mids) that fatigue my ears. Mostly bass...
 I've been using tape to get it off and on. 
If you want to just try many different tubes I suggest to buy only one pc.
 Don't be so modest. It's a good read with lots of writing and effort behind ;)
 +1. If I ever need to upgrade I'll just buy new amp and use T1 as a DAC. This is very good low cost mid level amp/dac and won't be obsolete even if you need stronger amp in some point of your life.  Thanks for your impressions. Do you mind if I link this post to the info page?