Posts by Salvatore

Done!
I just turn the power off because I don't want to mess with my volume settings. This being said, I'm relatively low volume listener.
  Can't totally agree. Imaging presence, sure subjective, but you also have some parameters that should not be so subjective. High detail = high detail. You also have speaker and headphone values side by side which eliminates some synergy issues. The subjective terms always need some explaining imo. I guess if you find better tubes you just have to extend your scale ;) There's a typo highlighted in red
 Yes the glass. quote from audiotubes.com "This is actually a molding flaw which made the glass bottom slightly fatter around the outside than the rest of the tube, and the center of the tube actually dips inward and touches the metal elements inside. Clients report these are incredible sounding tubes, and the upward spiral of prices for the rare pinch waist types seem to bear this out." The glass should be slightly hourglass shaped like in these pictures:...
 And you know where to find it ;)
 Just don't take it too seriously. We all do it for fun. Oh and remember to keep that supported tube type list updated as you discover new working types.
 Interesting. I think 7308 is perfect for jazz.  I like his style. Discard the bad tubes and save the clearly better ones for more detailed review. Hasty impressions are one thing, but we're still waiting for you to do that summary review of your tubes. That would, no doubt, be the king of all tube reviews around here ;)
 Very nice post. I added this to the info page. If you ever review more tubes remember to update this post also.
 I have compared HD650 against my K702 anniversaries and the HD650 are definitely easier to drive. For both headphones 0 gain is sufficient imo (volume levels maxed from my pc). With max gain I can't go very high with the volume. It seems that some of you guys are listening very loud. Just be sure not to damage your ears. isendono seems to be using reasonable levels.
 I think these two posts could help you identify your orange prints: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/1740#post_9396448 http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/1275#post_9284658