Posts by Salvatore

I mean s**t. If these caps really affect the sound quality significantly, and we all have different cap combos, it sure as hell affects the tube reviews/synergies we've been working on here. I probably won't be DIYing my T1. If all of you guys come to the conclusion that changing the parts improves the sound significantly I might consider moving on to some other amp. And if I do so that won't be MIC that's for sure.
It would be great if somebody did a DIY guide with pictures showing how to disassemble T1 and change those inferior parts. Arco, lwrs, space, coil... I'm looking at you guys ;) I'll post some pictures as well when I have the time to open my unit.
 True. I probably need to check my Aune as well. Smells like false advertisement. Has anyone contacted Aune yet? I'd be curious to hear what they have to say about this.
there's no need to change parts if they are working as intended imo. Sure we can start rolling all the parts for better. Might as well start with the conversion chip lol :D
This is very helpful info lwrs10. Coil keep that post #4011 updated as this thing progress.
 Awesome. This is my solution if you haven't seen it yet: 
 Done!
I just turn the power off because I don't want to mess with my volume settings. This being said, I'm relatively low volume listener.
  Can't totally agree. Imaging presence, sure subjective, but you also have some parameters that should not be so subjective. High detail = high detail. You also have speaker and headphone values side by side which eliminates some synergy issues. The subjective terms always need some explaining imo. I guess if you find better tubes you just have to extend your scale ;) There's a typo highlighted in red
 Yes the glass. quote from audiotubes.com "This is actually a molding flaw which made the glass bottom slightly fatter around the outside than the rest of the tube, and the center of the tube actually dips inward and touches the metal elements inside. Clients report these are incredible sounding tubes, and the upward spiral of prices for the rare pinch waist types seem to bear this out." The glass should be slightly hourglass shaped like in these pictures:...