Posts by sashakrik

I tried connecting the headphones directly to the xonar sound card and there were no distortions. After that I have connected the headphones back via the magni but I have used different cable between the xonar and the magni and the distortions are still exists on the low gain setting. I will try later today connecting the magni to a smartphone instead of the xonar.
The DAC is a sound card (ASUS XONAR D1) installed in a PC. I'm keeping the windows sound level no more than 50%.
Hi, I have noticed that when the magni 2 uber is on the low gain setting there are sound distortions with my dt 770 pro 80 ohm headphones, the distortions are very noticeable when i'm listening to speech (podcasts). When I turn the switch to the high gain setting the distortions disappear.   Is it a defect of the magni 2 uber or is it a normal situation since the headphones have relatively high impedance of 80 ohm ?           Thank you, sasha.
Hi, A friend of mine asked me to start this thread since he doesn't have an account here. He is looking to upgrade the headphones experience on his PC, currently he is using a 20$ Philips on-ear headphones connected to the built-in sound card of the PC, the sound quality is horrible and the headphones are very uncomfortable (pressing on the ears).   He has a budget of approximately 220 US$ for both upgrading the sound source (DAC/AMP) and the headphones. He is...
I have read the specifications of the modi 2 uber and the modi multibit on Schiit's web site, seems that the modi 2 uber better at THD and IMD although the price of the multibit is 100$ higher.   What is the reason for that ?
Is it the best option for my budget ?
Hi, I'm looking to buy a DAC and I will be very happy to get some recommendations. My budget is up to 300$ US. Until now I have used the ASUS xonar D1 sound card as a DAC but it stopped working so I need a new DAC.   I would like to buy an external DAC that will receive the music via USB from a PC (Windows 7) and output to my headphones amp via RCA.   My headphones amp: Schiit magni 2 Uber. My headphones: 1) Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm, 2) Massdrop x...
Are there any low latency aptx headphones besides the Avantree ?
Thanks for the recommendations !   what do you think of the Sony MDR-ZX770BN ?
Hi, I need some assistance with choosing Bluetooth headphones.   I'm planning to buy Bluetooth headphones as a gift to my cousin for his birthday to replace the horrible wired on ear headphones that he is currently using. He is using the headphones to watch movies and to listen to music from a PC. He is mainly listening to dance, pop, and rock music.   My budget is about 160 US$.   I need the headphones to be over the ear, large and comfortable ear cups, aptx...