Posts by beyerlove

V200's sound signature is slightly warmer side, but that doesn't effect sibilant headphones because V200 is basically a neutral sounding amplifier. I started to feel my T70s less sibilant after I acquired V800 as a DAC.   The T70 on V200 (considering T70's impedance, V100 will do) + V800 stack is amazing. they are so lively and smooth and powerful. If you have T70s I fully recommend this setup.
T5p and T70 go quite well with V200. espacially T70. Since I paired my T70s to V200, I seldom use my T5p. the pairing is that good.   Cheers.
Since I changed My DAC to Violectric V800, The treble spikes of T90s become no problem for me. I seldom find them to be badly sibilant now and I'm enjoying My T90s much than before.  Very lively, dynamic sounding headphones and I really love those.
Yeah, I'm more than satisfied with V200/V800 stack too. thanks Fried!
mentt, My V200 sounded wonky right out box. I didn't find V200 was so good amp right out of the box. But after 20 hrs burn in, V200 started to shine and turn out to be really awesome.   So, I can say it's safe for you too, to take about 20 hrs burn in time to evaluate your V200.   Cheers.
Theogenes, I forgot to mention JMoney Audio V2 Lambskin pads for beyer.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/424130/review-jmoney-audio-genuine-leather-earpads-for-beyer-dt770-880-990   Sad thing those nice genuine leather pads are already out of production, may be still available somewhere. Though I have a pair and those pads really fit my Custom One Pros, I have no idea if those would sound nice on T5p.  I'll give a try and post a report in a few days.   Cheers
Glad to hear your decision. hope you'll like the stack, kendoji
Theogenes,   I add T70/T70's micro velour pads to the list. Those are nice pads for those who like velour touch, sound is good, but tad sounds like T70s.   And official velour pads for T1(EDT990VB)  won't make sense for T5p because those are made for open back headphones (T1, DT990, DT880), and will result significant reduction of amount of bass.   EDT770 series (EDT770S, EDT770V, EDT770VB) for closed back headphones are nice match for T5p.
  Oh yes, that's the V800. I had the same impression when I rigged up my V800 for the first time. Hope you will enjoy the stack for long time!
Congrats Mr.Blonde. how do you find your violectric team?