Posts by strausd

Dubstep, screamo, electronic, and rock.   And how do you think the bass on the HD 558s would compare to my AKG K181s? Better or worse? What about the 518s? Basically I am looking for bass that is of the same level as my current headphones, with just better comfort and something that will last long.       I think my AKGs are closed. But with the volume up, I put them around my leg and could still hear a lot of sound. Would it be worse with the Sennheisers?   And as far as...
Unfortunately I don't. I am a major noob in this area. I just always plug in my current headphones to my iPad, MBP, or the headphone jack on my Logitech Z5500s.    Would that change your suggestion?       I wouldn't say I am a huge basshead, so maybe on a scale of 1-10, I am about a 5 or a 6.    Which one of those you listed is the most comfortable? Because if I have to choose between a slight increase in comfort over a slight increase in bass, I would rather go with...
  Is there any one in particular?
Hi, new to the forum here (hope I am posting in the right place). I currently have AKG K181s. Mainly got them for sound quality and bass, and in that sense they seem to work fine. I really like the bass boosters on the side to really help get extra bass out of my music. Unfortunately, comfort is not its strong point and the plastic is starting to crack. I often can't go for longer than an hour without my ears starting to hurt (maybe I have a big head?). This really sucks...
Hi, new to the forum here (hope I am posting in the right place). I currently have AKG K181s. Mainly got them for sound quality and bass, and in that sense they seem to work fine. I really like the bass boosters on the side to really help get extra bass out of my music. Unfortunately, comfort is not its strong point and the plastic is starting to crack. I often can't go for longer than an hour without my ears starting to hurt (maybe I have a big head?). This really sucks...