Posts by ryanjsoo

I also had that issue with the stock tips, one of them had a larger seam which led to one ear always falling out , thankfully these tips have no seam. Also I recommend buying them from Dopaminer on eBay as he sells the softer, more comfortable variant and has probably the cheapest price on the internet.   Edit: Also found another benefit of using these tips, they reduce microphonics!, since the stem is longer than stock, it gives them some more reach so they stick out a...
So, I`ve just picked up a pair of spinfits from Japan and James was right, they definitely alter the sound, for better or for worse. Immediately there was a perceptible difference, both mid and sub bass was accentuated but remains punchy, which I personally don`t like and the highs were a little more recessed, which wouldn`t be so bad if the high mids weren`t increased a little too which makes the iem a little more brittle and aggressive sounding, its not huge but its not...
I believed that it was impossible to change the sound of any iem with a cable, but on my se535`s it did make a difference. Changing from the stock cable to an Effect Audio Apollo didn`t change the sound at all, perhaps the bass was a tad punchier and the soundstage a bit more dimmensional, but the rest of the spectrum was about the same only ergonomics were much improved. I eventually decided to upgrade to an Effect Audio Thor Copper as I had a discount voucher and to my...
If you`re happy with the 7550`s why not just sell the ie800`s? If you don`t really like the sound they`re probably not with keeping, they don`t seal reliably, are microphonic, don`t isolate as well as other top tier iems and whistle in the wind, plus they have the infamous cable hardening issue and the weighted y-split prevents you from listening for extended periods of time before you have to re seat them in your ears, why put up with this AND not enjoy the...
Just opening up a thread to point out some of the key things to look out for when purchasing a set of Bose QC20`s. I now own both the real and fake sets and thought it would be helpful to alert some potential buyers to the main differences and similarities. Looking on Amazon and some other reviews, it seems most of the poor reviews these earphones were receiving reflect the qualities of the fakes rather than the poor performance of the originals.    First off, I bought...
Hi, great find!, do they fit well on the nozzle of the ie800`s, have you had them fall off at all? also if you have time, could you take a picture of the spinfit tips next to the stock sennheiser tips, thanks a bunch in advance, just wanted to confirm as they`re pretty pricey for tips at this point. 
I agree, they most definitely have 103db sensitivity, the volume is noticeably lower than the se535`s for example (the typical iem everyone thinks of as sensitive) and they resist hiss very well. I highly doubt it would be 125db, as that would make the ie800`s about twice as loud as the se535 at the same volume, and that`s simply not the case, it is much, much less sensitive. That being said, they sound fine straight out of my HTC M8 but are noticeably softer than even my...
I just got a warranty replacement and the cable feels softer, but it could also be because my old ie800`s had hardened cables... Of note, the old ie800 had the same cable above and below the y-split, but on the new ones the top cable is a bit thinner, you can tell because there is now a gap between the cable and strain-relief which wasn`t there before. Both cables are however very supple and hopefully the new one`s won`t harden over time (ironically hardened below the...
So, can anyone tell me what iems these are comparable to in terms of sound (noise cancelling ability aside), I would be happy if they had similar sound quality to the Klipsch x10, which can now be found for around $100-150, and that I really enjoy. I also have a set of ie800`s so sq is not overly important, as I just need a set for commuting that isolate better. That being said they have set my standards pretty high and I`m no longer content with something like the Klipsch...
I sure hope so!