Posts by ryanjsoo

Android natively supports flac files, the harmon kardon m8 will decode 24bt flacs without downsampling, the stock htc player will play pretty much any file fine and has loads of features plus the ui looks pretty neat. If you run into problems many head-fi members will agree poweramp is the best, neutron is also good, both are around $3-4. Apart from that really great headphone out, great quality, super volume but has background hiss, not bad at all but hisses on my se 535...
I don`t understand why they don`t measure current as well as voltage as that`s also half the story, volts will give you volume but extra current will give you quality, especially on higher impedance devices.
I've heard both along with the se535's, personally, I really like the ie800's, they have the most amazing soundstage I have ever heard!. Initially I liked ba iems for their clarity but owning a set of jvc fx700's converted me to dynamic. It's just as it says, dynamic and engaging. One gripe I had with the fx700's however was speed, they had great slam and detail but the large driver was simply too slow. I think sennheiser has found a happy medium with their 7mm driver...
Compared to Klipsch x10`s the microphonics are barely noticeable but compared to silent over-ear models it can get obtrusive, a shirt clip and a shallower fit will prevent this, really anything that stops the cable from touching your face. Sennheiser should have made the cable longer above the y-split and removed the stupid 2.5mm plug which is the main reason the iem`s keep falling out of people`s ears. Luckily over-ear works well for me but they don`t sound the same and...
Up for sale are my Shure SE535 LTD-J`s which are practically new. They were purchased from an authorised dealer, addictedtoaudio and I`m selling them due to lack of use as I have bought a set of ie800`s. This is the Asian variant with sound improvements and have barely been used for 50 hours. Comes with all accessories, packaging, carry case, none have been used except the stock olive tips and iem`s themselves. The stock Shure cable and Effect Audio Thor cable are new as...
Any HTC device after the original butterfly, I have se535 Ltd and they sound a bit thin with lacking bass on my Itouch 4g and galaxy s4 but full and clear on my m8. It has hiss but no more than my iPod which has a cirrus renowned for clean output. I personally prefer the m8 over the s4 and iPod but some may prefer otherwise, I believe it has a superior implementation of the Qualcomm dac over all other snapdragon 800/801 phones. I have also trialed the m7 or HTC one and it...
Intro -   Edifier is a brand that has become increasingly prevalent in the low-mid end computer speaker market with an array of colorful, minimalist designed speakers that some would argue offer style over substance. However the small company dispels these perceptions with many of their products and their small and overtly colorful aurora speakers slot nicely into this category.                                            Design -                                   ...
How about a vibration speaker?, you can attach it to the glass/barrier on the outer side of the shower.
I have shure se535's and although they are large, they are quite slim and don't protrude from my ears at all. I am able to sleep comfortable on my side when wearing them. I also have some klipsch x10's which are much smaller and sit snugly in my ears with the right tips with only the flexible strain relief protruding. My ie800s are also pretty small but due to the strain reliefs, the vents stick out a bit, they can bend back in your ear relatovely comfortably however....
I`ve been an owner and fan of the Klipsch x10`s for about 4 years now and athough they are still perfectly functional, the strain reliefs have split to a worrying degree. I tried using epoxy and superglue but none were pliable enough and cracked when the earpieces bent, silicone also didn`t work and simply formed a rubbery lump that eventually fell off. So recently when mending my home theater system I came across some sub woofer edge foam glue that I had lying around and...