Posts by ryanjsoo

Wow, thanks, so what does the ie800 have over the P7`s?, anything in particular that stands out?
Hey, does anyone here have experience with both the ie800`s and Bowers and Wilkons P7`s?, I was looking into headphones and was set on selling my ie800`s for a set of P7`s as I found the highs a tad splashy, didn`t agree too well with the cloth mod and the microphonics kinda killed it for me too :/, yet I recently listened to some Klipsch S4`s just for a change, a set that I used to think sounded really great maybe around 4 years ago as I was just getting into audio, and...
Can these compete with the Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones?, there is a lack of reviews for the es10`s, I like the promise of a 53mm driver as opposed to the 40mm B&W headphones, and the slim portable design but I prefer the comfort and style of the P7`s, so how does sound compare?, help!.
Thanks for all your help, I've figured out the problem, blue and green were ground, red was right and the plain copper was left, odd, thanks again, I'll have to put my multimeter to good use in the future too.
The cable isn`t broken in other spots and I do have a multimeter, what should I be checking on a headphone jack?, thanks. 
Depends what you`re looking for, scientifically speaking, human ears can hear 20-20k hz, however we can perceive lower frequencies by touch, If you want the visceral bass punch of a headphone, look for iems with a shallow insertion and a wide bore size such as the JVC FX700`s, most iems are made to isolate well so they insert quite deep, skipping out on our ability to feel bass, this issue exacerbated by the use of balanced armatures in most high end iems which move less...
Hi, I'm relatively new to headphone repairs but have extensive experience with other diy and can solder reasonably well. I've built a few amps and other projects in the past. Recently I've had to replace the 3.5mm plug on several earphones and headphones, only one of which is now working properly. I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is, I'm currently trying to resolder a set of headphones which has four cables; red, blue, green and orange/copper, I've...
Hi, I`m new to headphones and am looking for a relatively portable pair with a bassy tonality. I`m a big fan of the JVC FX-700 iems and from what I can gather from this thread, these headphones will be an upgraded version of those, aggressive, v-shaped, dynamic, etc. If anyone could compare these with similarly priced headphones such as the over ear Sennheiser Momentums and any similar Grado headphones that would be greatly appreciated. Also how`s detailing and clarity on...
So I`m looking into either the sr325e or rs2e, what can I expect?, is the rs2e worth the $150-200 price difference (and personally I like the metal design of the 325`s more but I`m sure the wood will look stunning in person), are the headphones big?, I cant really judge in the pictures, also is bass really that bad?, I can`t tell from impressions whether its neutral, anemic or slightly elevated, for example I like se535 levels of bass, which I consider neutral, but I would...
So as the title suggests, I`m considering selling off my ie800s and buying a similarly priced set of headphones, in particular I`m looking at the Grado sr325e and rs2e, I was wondering if these headphones will offer an improvement in sound quality or if they will simply be added bulk, I know i`ll appreciate the lack of microphonics and open design (I have other more isolating iems for travel) plus I have a decently powerful source and an amp tuned for low impedance...