Posts by ryanjsoo

I think a lot of customers look for consistency, with Samsung and Apple you know what you're getting into, with HTC well... You might get a 10, you might get a U Ultra, you might get the brilliant M7 or M8 or you might get an M9. If they just kept making phones like the 10 then eventually they would establish a reliable reputation (with regular buyers not just audiophiles and the tech savvy) and buyers will come. I've received countless "wow, what phone is that!" comments...
Yes, it has pretty noticeable driver flex on both sides.
The PM3 is objectively a better headphone, it's sound just isn't for everyone. Comfort and build wise, I think it's better than the MM400 unless your ears already fit well within the small earcups of the Denons.
I always take my earphones for a few runs to test stability, water ingress, etc and while they do have wind noise, they are one of the least susceptible of the earphone's I've tested, they are very low profile. Even the Westone Alpha's, W30's and Shure SE215's stick out more though they all do isolate slightly more due to their larger housings, it's a toss up depending on your usage I guess. 
Username: ryanjsoo City/State: Sydney, Australia A link to a previous review that you’ve written: Reviews found here: https://everydaylisteningblog.wordpress.com/ and under the tag on my profile. Example: http://www.head-fi.org/products/oriveti-new-primacy-premium-triple-driver-hybrid-hifi-iem-headphones/reviews/17639
I've tried a whole bunch of earphones and the best overall design I've experienced was from the Oriveti New Primacy. It's shaped like the Phonak PFE series but is smoother, thinner and has far better noise isolation. It's great to sleep on, I just wish the nozzles were a tiny bit longer like the BASIC. For reference, I own the IE800 and Klipsch X10, I've also had extensive experience with Campfire Audio earphones and the Oriveti's, in terms of fitment, have been the best...
Just posted my take on the BASICs. When judged in comparison to similarly priced and featured earphones, they are truly very impressive. I was lucky enough to have both the Shure SE215 and Westone UM 10 Pro on hand when I wrote the review so I added some detailed comparison. Hope that helps some readers out, I know the Shure's in particular are immensely popular around this price...
Anyone figured out the output impedance on the 10? It initially sounded pretty low to me, but recently I tried the CA Andromeda and have been playing around with the Sony XBA 40, both incredibly source sensitive earphones, and they sounded immediately different to my HA-2 and Fiio A5. That being said, for all else, the 10 is a great sounding device and has essentially zero background hiss, which was a godsend with those Andromedas.
I've ordered from both, they are exactly the same tip. Penon even include the official packaging as pictured in this thread.
 Really shouldn't be happening, I never had an issue with m4a files even with my HTC One X back when Android KitKat was cutting edge. Perhaps the other apps aren't scanning the correct folders or don't have access to your sd cards? Make sure you look at permissions and enable SD access. Also have a look at the settings, for example Poweramp was scanning my internal storage music folder instead of my micro sd, I had to manually choose the folders it built the library from....