Posts by jakobdam

Argh - I forgot to mention my setup; iPhone 5 (now with iOS 7), FIIO E02i and primarily Sony MDR EX-600 and Sennheiser HD-555. Look in my profile here for the other headphones I own and use for testing.
I agree with you observations, but part from the "less harsh trebles", I don't find it nice that mids and bass have been altered. It sounds like I'm using a mild eq, instead of outputting neutrally, and although it isn't bad at all, as the difference is barely noticeable, it can cause some trouble to very bass-heavy songs, if you use preamp with bass booster.    Fx. my FIIO E02i "Rocky" has a "bass boost", and I've never used it extensively - but sometimes I chucked it...
fjeena >          I would say ... maybe. But the main issue is that LOD is impossible for the iPhone 5, due to the lightning port only being able to carry digital. This means that a DAC MUST be present in the converterplug, and I don't believe that a decent DAC can be had at either 15 or 25 GBP.    With LOD, you use the DAC inside the iPhone 4s (or ealier) - but those days are over. :(   So; maybe a really nice DAC will come out, for the Lightning port - but to me it...
You could try to clean up your current fans; remove old oil and reoil them. It should lower their noise level audibly, but it might not do the trick for you.   Personally, I use Noctua fans as well - they're REALLY silent - I use this: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=43&lng=en     My entire stationary PC system is so silent, that I sometimes turn the computer off by accident, because I want to turn on my computer but forgets that...
Added info:   The Olympus SP-620UZ you're looking at, is way better in terms of ergonomics, than any small-size camera available. But Olympus delivers a pretty crap image quality in their bridge camera, especially if you compare it with the competition.   Another problem is that when money are spent on building a better casing and a more powerful zoom lens, the cost is probably the quality of the lens itself and the sensor.    Specifically for the SP-620UZ,...
In this price range (the beforementioned £120.- ) I definitely recommend Canon, and if physical size is an issue, you'd go for the IXUS-series.   I've been reviewing cameras for the largest Danish camera magazine, and I have the largest Danish photographer community website. My experience with cameras varies greatly through almost all brands and models.   First; in terms of image quality, we will start by looking at the sensors. Most Canon compacts and...
I bet a generalization of audiophile people in this matter, is very impossible. I've met audiophiles who spend more time tuning and balancing their equipment, than actually listening to music. I've also met audiophiles who just want to listen to music the way they think the music should sound, and they tend to spend far more time listening to music, than researching and buying and tuning gear.   In my case, I'm only a little audiophile, and mostly from necessity. I...
Some very high dynamic songs I use for testing and showing off the capabilities of my equipment to those who are interested. They explore the dynamics and details in the equipment along with separation and sound scaping / 3D positioning:   Patricia Barber: Use me (live version) Patricia Barber: Miss Otis Regrets (The Cole Porter Mix) Pope Marcellus mass - movement I: Kyrie (record by NAXOS; Oxford Camerata - Jeremy Summerly Summertime: Ella Fitzgerald & Louis...
Hey all :) Having been a reader here for a while, I decided to become a member and see if you can maybe answer a few questions that I have. I've tried to search for answers here, but my searching skills/patience did not amount to the answers I was looking for... so apologies from here if the questions seems too trivial ^_^ ... also, I'm somewhat new to this world, still trying to figure out what many of the expressions means. :)   After a lot of thought on which IEMs...