Posts by mharidas

Sorry for the very reply (probably too late by now, but anyway) Based on your needs Xonar U3 is definitely not for you.   No I have no experience with the FiiO E10, I am getting a FiiO E11 though, which is just an amp, to go with my Xonar U3 because at certain low range frequencies there is a definite clipping that is too easily noticeable. Something to do with my HD 598 having a very high impedance in the low end range. The peak is at about 300 ohms. This is typical...
In BF3 with the surround enhancement option ticked any stereo headphone gets Dolby like effects. Its a HRTF nonetheless, just don't know what type it is. If its licensed or if they made one on their own. Dolby has listed this game on their site, not sure what that means. Certainly didn't see any Dolby options in the game. But that is an HRTF at work for sure. Just not as good as the full suit Dolby headphone on sound cards.   I personally felt the direct front and all...
Yeah the Xonars have bloatware free GUIs and that's a good thing. Creatives stuff no matter how good they sound for the PCI cards they have serious issues with crashing bloatware GUIs.   The GX2.5 EAX emulator works pretty well to my untrained ears I guess. I couldn't really tell the difference between the two. But it does work because there is a difference with and without it switched on. Only just that can;t tell the difference between creative EAX and GX2.5 in...
    Well two options for you but based on if you need any surround sound ability for games and movies. If thats the case then Xonar U3 hands down but you will loose support for the 24bit formats that you have. You can read more on my findings here http://www.head-fi.org/t/627553/asus-xonar-u3-vs-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-go-pro-usb#post_8743847   If you need that then get the Creative X-Fi 5.1 Pro USB it can do 24bit upto sample rates 96khz stable, the surround  sound...
The Xonar U3. Hands down.  I have both the the Xonar U3 and the X-Fi 5.1 Pro USB (bigger brother of the X-Fi Go).   Both sound good on all effects switched off and no custom equalizers. But the surround sound options are where they are worlds apart.   Xonar U3 has Dolby Headphone, Dolby Pro-Logic IIx, GX2.5 EAX emulation and Virtual 7.1 speaker shifter amongst other features. It can also output Dolby Digital Live in real time via TOSlink optical out,   The X-Fi has only...