Posts by iztis

Thanks for that. Never knew it was an options. Even comes with a mic (which I don't need). It's pricey though wow at 40 pounds!
Hey guys, so I'm looking for an in-line remote/controller for my Senn IE80s.   They would really help as I'm often too engaged in lab work to be able to whip out my phone and hit the next track or mute/change volume since contamination etc. etc.    Just wondering what would be a good brand/model to get? I'll probably be getting it from amazon UK or DE or Ebay.    I'm a little apprehensive, as I am worried a poor in-line remote/controller might degrade the...
  Thanks dude, go to know that it's not specific to me. Thanks for your tips as well. Appreciate your help!!
Guys after many weeks of using this, I turned up the bass knob on the ear pieces and the increased bass is amazing an I love it. Gives some real punch. It is currently on the maximum setting. The problem is with the bass knob at maximum I get driver flex when I put the ear pieces in my ear and adjust them vi pushing it in. This does not happen with the bass knob in its lowest setting/original position. I had this problem before with the first set but amazon sent me a...
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a set of Logitech Z-906 5.1 speakers.   Reason: Headphone just aren't working out for me, I still prefer the comfort without them. My DT770s are still fantastic though (:   I won't be looking to buy a receiver and speakers as I am overseas now, and I already have one of those in my home (miss it dearly)   Looking for a convenient and good quality 5.1 system, and the logitech Z-906 automatically comes to mind.   It will...
Thanks guys that was all very helpful.   I'm connecting my 2.1 active speakers to the line out of my Xonar Essence ST (which is RCA left and right to 3.5mm jack Y cable)   I just remembered that this thinner (not thin) 3.5mm cable was custom made at some shop, the guy told me the wires were better (and they are made in japan) then he spliced the 3.5mm stereo jacks for me onto the wire. now obviously I'm not sure if I can entirely trust the store owner...but I...
Thanks for the tips doc   I'll consider the E17 maybe in the future.  I'm broke now :P   Will stick with my IE80s or 2.1 speakers for laptop use! 
Hey guys, just wondering if the audio cable bringing sound out from my Xonar Essence ST to my speakers (the usual RCA to 3.5mm Y cable) makes any difference? I usually use my headphones, but occasionally I like to chill with my speakers and not have anything around my head.   So I was just wondering if the quality of the cable mattered, or if using this cable I've been using for 3 years now is sufficient?   I'm just curious cause the cable seems to be thinner...
Hi dbbrauns! I'm a proud new owner of a pair of DT770s Pro (80Ohm) and also a Xonar Essence ST    They are amazing together.    I also play some games like BF3, Assassin's Creed etc etc.   I chose the Xonar because I had a DG before and I much preferred the Dolby Headphone over Creative's CMSS3D or THX Surround Studio Pro (??)   Also I've had bad experiences with creative drivers in the past but roller says they have cleared this issue, I honestly...
Hi there, just want to give a heads up to everyone here, mostly the future buyers!   For my first set of IE80s from amazon, there was  flexing of the driver cone on the right side earpiece, and sometimes the left. Easily inducible with stock medium tips.    Got a replacement from amazon (kind of them) It is perfect, no driver flex issue when I put the earpieces into my ear.    Also, even with driver flex (probably not a real defect since it's a dynamic...