Posts by Headphoner

I am considering two amps to drive the HE-560 phones. I chose them because they are powerful and well recommended.   1. Schiit Mjolnir        8 watts/ch. into 32 ohms      5 watts/ch. into 50 ohms   2,  Emotiva Mini-X a100 (a speaker amp)        50 watts/ch. into 8 ohms   Two questions:   1.  Does anyone know how to predict the power of the Emotiva into 32 ohms?   2,  I've seen many strong recommendations of speaker amps for inefficient phones such as the...
Could you explain DF compensation?
Measurement of the PM-1 at About.com shows a steep high frequency roll off beginning at 9 kHz.  If this measurement is reliable, the roll off should be audible -- for example, the phones should be lacking in air.  Can you lucky people who have auditioned these phones comment on any high frequency roll off?
I am very interested in the Oppo/Mjolnir combo.
The measured frequency response shows a treble roll off beginning at 9 kHz.  9 kHz is pretty low for a steep treble roll off.  When listening to these phones, did you hear anything corresponding to this treble roll off?
Have you tried the HE-560 with the Schiit Mjolnir?
Please provide more details about your listening evaluation, especially about what you did not like.
Great review!   Can you comment on two possibilities for amping the HE-560 phones:   1) Emotiva Mini X a100 speaker amp   2) Schiit Magni (1.2 watts into 32 ohms)   I listen to classical, Broadway, folk and opera
Great review!   Can you comment on two possibilities for amping the HE-560 phones:    1) Emotiva Mini-X a100 speaker amp   2) Schiit Magni (1.2 watts into 32 ohms)
Can the HE-560 be ordered with 4-pin XLR termination instead of the standard quarter-inch phone plug?