Posts by Rexgabriel

I'm near enough. Can we get shots of both speakers?
Thanks for the idea! And tempur pedic makes things too bassy? Perfect for my AD2000's! Delayed response? Puh.
I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. The GS3 did NOT recognize the Glacier connected in this order: GS3=>self winding cable=>OTG adapter=>Glacier   The GS3 RECOGNIZED the Glacier when connected in this order: GS3=>OTG adapter=>self winding cable=>Glacier     The "other way around" was just me repeating myself about the first attempt (GS3=>self winding cable=>OTG adapter=>Glacier) NOT working.       Unrelated to GS3/Glacier compatibility is that the GS3 also recognizes the OTG...
I got a hold of a friends Samsung Galaxy S3 and, after installing Power Amp, I was able to play an 88.2/24 .flac sample through the Glacier's DAC. It was strange though that the phone didn't recognize it until after I switched the On The Go (OTG) adapter cable to plug into the GS3 and the supplied cable to the Glacier. It just didn't work the other way around. It's an eForCity adapter cable and the GS3 actually recognized it without connecting the other end to the...
    Is something missing?
I have been using it to drive Audio Technica ATH-AD2000 which it does with authority. Dangerous actually because it sounds very good very loud and it's deceiving, They are however, very easy to drive. Sensitivity: 102 dB/mW Impedance: 40 Ohms   I've downloaded some 88.1/24 samples from gimell and they play through it no problem. But it also played the 172/24 samples as well so maybe I'm not doing something right. I'm on a MAC Mini right now.
Sorry I don't have any custom iems. I have tried it with all the iems that I have; hippo shroom, boom, pearls. Feels Pro900 (single balanced armature). New and old iBuds. Some cheap Sonys my sister has. At all gain settings, at all volumes, even red (mute) it is there. Mind you it is very low level, and in some it is more a feeling of presence rather than a sound of soft fuzz, and it is very difficult to discern. I hear nothing with my ad2000, but the main reason there is...
Turockrocks; The DAC input port can be programed to NOT request power from the connected source (USB host) so that it will function with other battery operated devices. So one can turn off it's charging function so it doesn't get rejected.   IMO the reason for the two ports.   When connected to a source with a USB that CAN output 5v 500mA, such as a computer or laptop, it only needs one cable to charge and receive digital signal. For simplicity's...
shinn: It is definitely MICRO USB, it comes with a self winding USB Type-A to Micro-B which will allow you to plug it in to your computer as soon as you open the box. The photo you may have seen in my album is a mix up, but I have temporarily lost the cable so can't take another pic of it. But I'm positive. The fact that it is Micro USB has sent me on a hunt to adapt it to my iPhone (though it looks like that's pointless)     Thanks for replying AnakChan. Maybe...
Dang that looks good just for the headband!