Posts by JLiRD808

+1 on these being heavy....I actually didn't notice until I started using other cans DT77, K271 MKII's, HD280's..   I track in a studio setting, and these would slide off the back of my head after about 7-8 mins, depending on how much I was moving. Totally distracting.   That said...I LOVED the sound and miss it, probably gonna give the 940's a try since they're similar but LIGHTER. They got more high-end too if I'm not mistaken.
Nice....I'll look into that.   Do I have to worry about the headphone outs not being powerful enough to push high ohm headphones?   Also, dont I need surround sound capable headphones too then? Thought I saw some for sale at Gamestop but didnt even try em on.   Thanks!
Yeah Im just 2.0 stereo running off a Fio on PS3.   Another site I was on said Battlefield 3 had great sound (maybe won an award?). Just grabbed it online for like $20 lol.   And Softdrink...I guess when I say "sound design", I mean everything. I know thats complicated. That's why when a game has it ALL nailed...its just amazing. I hate when an aspect of the audio pulls you OUT of the game, like poor "position" or levels at just awkward volumes.    Here's an...
Just started getting into gaming with quality headphones on. Wow what a difference >:) !!   So can anyone suggest any games that just suck you in with their super realistic/beautiful sound/design? Been playing Assassins Creed 2, EA NHL Hockey, Fallout 3, and COD: World at War & MW1 (<-lol)...I'm not a huge gamer.    I think it was even just the menu music of Nazi Zombies with a pair of SRH-840's that gave me that HOLY SH*T moment of revelation...now I want some...
I'm not a huge gamer, but I'm currently playing this game and have tried it on DT770's and now AKG K271's.   I think the music is nice & atmospheric. The climbing/motion/action sound effects are GREAT, as are the swords clashing, etc.   However, the voices from passing pedestrians as well as those in the cut-scenes is pretty bad IMO. Anyone else notice the same?   Also, a side note....but all of the big badass bell-towers....and NO BELLS? Thought it would...
+1 Company of Heroes   The single player mission was actually pretty incredible, I remember ****ting in my pants while setting up a defensive position with some limited available resources to repel a German counter-attack. The timer was counting down, and once I was done, all I could do was hope n pray that my lines would hold. I was being totally overrun but survived until my reinforcements showed up....and then u get to control the reinforcements!! BADASS...
1) Fallout 3 2) Fallout 3 3) Fallout 3 4) Fallout 3 5) Fallout 3   I dont normally play RPG's....but when I do, I prefer Fallout 3.
Im pretty interested....trying to sell my SRH840's first though.   Would u be able to comment on the adv of the 250ohms over the 80's? Lower noise floor/less signal interference? Im on an HP4 so I got plenty of power to push, could run the 600ohm version I think.   Anyways...thank you!