Posts by GateKPR4

I did get caught up in the upgrading for a while but I'm over that for a while. My wallet did get thin but I'm enjoying what I have now. I did get the Cowon X7 and am fully enjoying it. The sound is great and with six sets of earphones I have a good verity of sound. Each has a unique sound and I enjoy them all. All depends on how I'm feeling which IEM'S I use. So far I like my T-Peos H100-RR hybrid the best. I do like my Rocket R-50's, they have a more upbeat fun sound....
I just got my T-PEOS H100RR about 3 weeks ago and have about 50-60 hours on them. They were a little harsh sounding at first but have really mellowed out some. I'm not a big believer of burn in though it does seem to be the case with these IEMs. They are similar to my Rocket R-50s and lack the warmth of my W3s but over all I'm pretty happy with them and are one of my favorite sets. I listen to mostly rock of all kinds from pop to thrash metal and of course blues. They also...
Pardon my ignorance but what is ciem?
Haven't tried it with my desktop though it would be interesting to hear the results. This is my first DAC AMP and got it for portability. I'm still new here and there is a lot I do not know about amps.
I just got my E17 and using it with a Cowon I9+ at volume 10 Dac amp at 41 with Westone UM3's. I'm playing wma lossless. Totally changes the sound. I can hear crisp clean details I could not hear before. Sounds a little warm but punchy base and mids are nice. Treble is crisp and clear. Well balanced sound overall. Amazing detail! Plenty of volume, I don't know how high it goes but in the 40s seems to be the sweet spot for me. Only been listening to it for a few hours, I...
I just got my Westone 3 a couple days ago. Took a little tweaking with my EQ but got the sound I am looking for. This is my first 3x IEM so didn't know what to expect. I didn't do a burn in and not really sure if it's needed. Totally different sound than the Rocket -R50s and the Shure se215. It will take some time to get used to but I already notice a big difference in the sound stage and separation. I like the over the ear braided cable over the hard wire on the Rocket...
The cable connecting to the IEM that used to swivel freely seems like it's binding. Is there anyway to re-seat the cable or is this something I need to have serviced by Sure? They are about a year old and still sound great the problem is just the stiff connection. It's only the right side and I believe I read a thread on removing the cables but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know how to disconnect the cable and re-seat it?
I got my R50s for Christmas last year and love the sound quality, it took about an hour to get used to how they sound compared to the Shure SE215. There are a couple of issues, the sound isolation is not as good as the 215s and I think that is the due to the enclosure. I live by a Marine air base and fighter jets fly by pretty low and I can hear the jets louder with the R50s more than with the 215s. I'm using the foam tips from my 215s which work much better than the...
I do notice what you mentioned esp. in older music though some of the old Beetles and Aerosmith did a really good job as far as sound quality. In the song Helter Skelter if you listen carefully you can hear Paul talking to john or George, couldn't make out what he was saying but it was not part of the song. I love it when I hear stuff in the background like that, I didn't hear any of that with the Bose. I still enjoy a lot of the older music though I think some...
I'm really enjoying the Shure SE215s with my Walkman. The version of the Walkman NWZ-S764 seems to have better battery life and I like the warmer sound over the zip clip. Even metal sounds good which is a plus, blues sounds awesome. I do notice some quality difference in older albums/CDs but I guess that's due to the quality of the equipment they had back in the 60s to record with. I don't know anything about the equipment used in a studio though there does seem to be a...