Posts by franmon83

bump
Hi,   I started a thread trying to find the best amp/DAC combo to get for my HD650 for around +-500$. The more I read, the more my preconceived opinions change. I read on Head-Fi and Headphonia that the HD650 and the BottleHead Crack are really a stellar combination, but of all the threads I read praising that combination, not many of them would suggest what DAC to pair them with. I need optical and USB inputs for any DAC I would purchase.   Any suggestions? (And...
Hi Matt,   I see that you own the HD650 and the LYR, how is that for a combination? Are you satisfied? I'm not too familiar with hybrids... How does it compare to tube or solid state amps?   Thanks
I had not looked at it yet, but now that you mentioned it I went on to read its full description on Audio-gd's website. With all the connectivity it supports and all the possible upgrade options it allows and considering all the positive reviews and feedback I read about Audio-gd products... I have to say this just took the #1 spot on my list! Thanks a lot for pointing out that model to me, as with all the availed models, I might have missed it altogether without your...
  After much reading, I revised a little bit my requirements (only fools never change their minds ).    Some posters made me realize that some of those products with integrated DACs don't have optical input, which is a must for me, so I'm going to exclude them.   Also, I realized that some other AMP/DAC combos don't have any way of bypassing the DAC to play from an analog source. This is a bummer, because even though most of my current listening is done from my laptop, I...
Of course ;)
  Sorry to hear that... 
Thing is, for most of us, it is difficult if not impossible to listen to different headphone amps before committing to buying one. Where I live (Montreal, QC Canada), there is 1 hifi audio store in the province that I know of, and their selection of amps is quite limited.   This is why we have to rely on second hand experience from users in this forum!    If someone else had the chance to try the same model of headphones as we have, but with different amps, he...
Thanks, every little bit of information helps! The more I read about amps and DACs to pair with the HD650, the more possibilities uncover...    I narrowed (!) down my options to: Audio-gd 11.32 Maverick TubeMagic D1 NuForce HDP O2 + ODAC Schiit Asgard/Valhalla + separate DAC Bottlehead Crack + separate DAC (read it pairs very well with the HD650) Am I forgetting any?    Anyone with hands-on information on either of these...
Same for me!