Posts by Gneiss

I had commissioned one to be built as well and was curious, what was the total number of F5 clones he had in the works?
 I do not think you understood my point. Schiit is not competing with Marantz.
I hope the Ragnarok will be nothing like the offerings from Marantz, Denon and even McIntosh. I hope it will be better, better like how a bottle of scotch is better than a bicycle. . .
This seems like an amazing deal. I already have the HE-6, with an F5 clone on the way and this is still tempting.
It is a different sound and could still be worthwhile.
I am not sure why people keep saying Emotiva amps have high gain. Based on the specifications the gain seems pretty average compared to other speaker amps.
Is the price for one pair or both pairs?
This is the most arousing for sale posting I have seen.
 Not a bad rough translation in my opinion. Although I would say the HE-5LE would be closer to the HD600 sound signature than the HE-500.
 Sorry to quote something so many pages back. But while looking around for speaker amps to power the HE-6 I found that McIntosh, Krell, Nad, and Bryston all have 29dB gain as well. I am not all that knowledgable in the field of audiophile power amps so I did not know that many names to look through, but it seems that those are fairly well respected companies which use the same gain as Emotiva. Can the gain on Emotivas really be that bad? Do you know of any available...