Posts by BassHeadJim

No suggestions, but I'm pretty happy with the Denon D1100's I ordered.   For anyone who's reading this thread because they are also looking for an alternative to the Pro 700's, I have posted a review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ah-d1100/reviews/9088 
I forgot to mention I have a Fiio E11 so amping is no problem. I also have a Cowon C2 which drives my PRO700's just fine on it's own. Oh, and I just had a moment of weakness. Amazon.co.uk is selling the D1100's for £60 so I took a punt. If I don't like them I can always return them. I'm still looking for advice though! From the reviews I've read I'm not sure the D1100's are going to be much of an upgrade (apart from comfort) and most reviewers on Amazon say the build...
Hi people,   As the title suggests, I am finding my PRO700MK2's very uncomfortable, especially after a full day at work. I have already swapped out the pads for M50 ones, but it's not enough. Oh, and of course I've read this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/414574/velour-felt-pads-for-ath-m50/285   I'd really like something more comfortable, and preferably a step up in terms of quality. I don't want to give up (too much) bass, and I'm a fan of removable...
  Ha, again thanks for the heads up. I would have thought there would be a guide on YouTube or somewhere to... um... guide me through the Korean menus to the language options screen, but reinstalling the firmware is no problem too. I guess that would need doing anyway - I see we are up to 1.17 now. Sounds like it might need a post-upgrade format, so best to do it while the player is empty:   http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40678   It sounds like their...
Thanks H20Fidelity, great to know!   Does the non-motivational theme come as standard, or do I need to download it somewhere?   I paid for the semi-not-ridiculous postage option, so I'm hoping it will arrive mid next week. That's assuming it doesn't get held up in customs. I tend to find that they let stuff from Asia through (unlike stuff from the US) so hopefully it will be OK [touching wood].
Well, I have been bouncing back and forth like mad for the past few days.   In the end, I went for the 4Gb C2.   Why? Because it's significantly smaller than the X9 (but hopefully still big enough to be usable with my aforementioned big hands and failing eyesight). Having read more opinions (I was even considering the X7 at one point) and seen people say they don't use it as much as they would like to due to how big it is, I thought this would be a big factor....
OK, I think I'm almost there...   The J3 appears to have been discontinued, and I can't find a new one (I don't like buying 2nd hand because of battery wear concerns) anywhere feasible for my location (Netherlands). Even eBay failed me.   I can get the S9 from eBay (Korean seller), but it has no SD card slot according to Cowon's site. That's a deal breaker for me.  Anyway, for about 10 more euro, enter the .... (drum roll)    Cowon X9. This seems pretty...
    Thank you for the brilliant advice and the photos - the font scaling looks right up my street!  I'm leaning heavily towards the S9 / J3 now. Time to go research some prices and read some in depth reviews 
OK, I checked some reviews for the Cowon C2, but comments like "the least intuitive interface I have ever seen in my life" have me running for the hills.   The SQ seems well respected though. Is there a reasonably priced Cowon with a good UI?   I've also been looking at Walkmans (Walkmen?) and the Z Series looks interesting (Android so FLAC support via PowerAmp is possible). It's a lot of cash though.   Does anyone have experience of both Cowon and Sony...
    Thanks PurpleAngel. I cross-posted this on anythingbutipod. Checking reviews of the Sonys now.   By the way... I'm growing to love the MDR-XB700's... I've just listened to the RZA's Birth of a Prince from start to finish and they handled it beautifully. In fact I am now on my 2nd play-through and am wondering just how long I can put off going to sleep. These are definitely Hip Hop 'phones :)