Posts by jlund19

Im new to higher quality headphones. I just got my new pair of cans today. I did some research on breaking them in, but was wondering if it really is necessary? Would it really make that big of a difference? If so, how do I do it?
Thanks for your help guys! Now that I've narrowed it down to those three (Ultrasone 580, Shure SRH 840 and Vmoda LP2), I'm stuck a little bit. I've tried to do some extra research on them, but I don't know enough about the headphone world so most of the info goes straight over my head. I'm just wondering out of these 3 models, what one would suit my needs the best? I listen to a wide variety of music ranging from classical to dubstep to rock and everything in between....
I'm looking for a comfortable pair of over-ear headphones for those long study sessions. After some research and your input, I've narrowed it down to these three- Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, and Vmoda LP2. But that's where I get stuck. I do not know enough about headphones to make a decision, so that's where your help comes in. I listen to most types of music ranging from classical to dubstep to rock and everything in between. Also, with these models, should I buy...
I'm looking at the Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, and the Vmoda LP2. Will I need an amp for any of these?
As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of comfortable headphones for those long study sessions. I might also use them for listening to music on the way to class, but I have a pair of in ear (Shure SE215) that I usually use for that. I don't want to buy any old pair of headphones, and since I don't know much about them I thought I would ask you guys what you think. I listen to a wide variety of music and I don't want to spend more than $200. If they're portable, thats...