Posts by akaSM

I just bought the U7 last night, it seemed to have better overall reviews...I was so excited about getting my first sound card and, I just couldn't wait any longer :V. Also, the potentiometer from DX because, volume knob for my Sony...whatever it's supposed to be :3
I'm happy with the way my Sony DP-GA500 sounds through USB but, it has a tiny wheel to control the sound (which is on the back, along with ALL the inputs and outputs) and, offers only stereo sound through USB. I'm looking for something that has an easy way to control the volume (analog or digital doesn't matter), and has 5.1/7.1 output.   Going through some threads, the U7 seems to have an issue where you don't get an actual surround signal if you use the headphone jack...
Hmm, I'll see if I can get a reply this week, otherwise I'll ask in the computer audio section. Thanks for your replies.   In the meantime , I'll do some more research about both cards and, try to find a way to explain what I want/am looking for.
Yeah but, there's an entire sub-section dedicated to help and recommendations. Would this thread and questions fit better in the computer audio section than here?
I'm happy with the way my Sony DP-GA500 sounds through USB but, it has a tiny wheel to control the sound (which is on the back, along with ALL the inputs and outputs) and, offers only stereo sound through USB. I'm looking for something that has an easy way to control the volume (analog or digital doesn't matter), and has 5.1/7.1 output (so, the Creative X-Fi HD isn't an option actually, I think I could just use a software solution for this, if the X-Fi HD is vastly...
bump
That's because Nokia used a diferent (and older, not used anymore) TRRS standard as you can see here:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)#TRRS_Standards   You can press the button (and use some tape or something to keep it pressed) and, it'll sound just fine.
Maybe I should've posted some extra info.   Even though having my IEM's insides protected would be nice, my ears aren't a wax factory and, I usually clean my ears before putting my IEM when I feel they're dirty. I've also carefully cleaned my IEM's filters several times, blowing away what I can and, carefully picking away any debris with a needle.   Still, the extra layer of protection would be nice if and only if that layer won't get ruined during cleaning.   Also,...
I want to buy either a set of Comply TS-200 or TSX-200 (for my XBA-3) and, before doing so, I want to know a couple things about the TSX-200.   How will the filter affect the sound of my IEMs? Will the filter survive cleaning? What would be the best way to clean it?   I chose the spherical ones because, I tried some tips with the regular truncated cone shape and, the widest part of the cone hurts my ears.   Thanks for your help ^^
This is the very first test I've ever done like this; I did it with 3 devices:   PC (no soundcard, just the realtek thing from the motherboard) to Sony DP- GA500 (magical box thingy that takes a 7.1 input through 3.5mm cables and ouputs it as 2 channel) to XBA-3. I've tweaked the eq a bit, it's way too bassy with my XBA-3 Clip Zip with XBA-3. Default sound settings, no eq at all because I like it more this way. PC (Nvidia GTX670) to a TV via HDMI and then, my...