Posts by lumberjake

I have been having a weird time regarding fit with these which explains the bass issues I had. I was attracted to the smaller sizes as I normally fit a med trying to put these in my ear much like the Klipsch X5 (which is similar to the X10 for those who don't know) but it was really to large to go that far yet the tip wouldn't seal. So I eventually ended up using the largest, giving up on any real insertion like the Klipsch but they feel like they are barely sitting in...
Just wanted to share an experiance. Tonight at work I listened to Tool's Aenima album and the final track called third eye was never really my favorite however for the first time I could easily and clearly make out the quiet spoken passage of the song as well as a number of sounds deep in the track which I never heard before which really impressed me as I thought anything to be heard would be through my old Klipsch X5.
Whew. I think I made comments here a bit too hastily after reading through this thread, making conclusions without really trying the various tips. I finally got a good seal(although the provided tips are thin in my opinion.) and listened to some electronic music at night without distraction and definitely say these do have great bass response. Now I am actually extremely pleased with the sound. As mentioned here, not the biggest soundstage but really good separation and...
After spending time following about with fit. I could definitely get good bass from them, frankly, I am not really pleased with the ear tips. They are quite thin. I am getting a better fit/sound using the large and get a seal but compared to the Klipsch X5 (which are probably some of the best fitting non customs out there) they still allow leakage simply due to being thin. I ordered some triple flange type from lostearbuds and hope they work. They could be fake but the...
Hmm, I'm a bit confused right now. Just bought a pair used but in "excellent" condition from a fellow Canadian and they sound good for the most part, matching many of the descriptions but the bass is noway near what I have read. It is, in my opinion quite weak or definitely below the other frequencies. I'm comparing to my past iem and headphones being the Klipsch S4,X5, Shure se110, and the fantastic Soundmagic Hp100 headphones. I know burn in will not make any dramatic...
Great review. I have had mine for awhile now. As a man of limited means, I wanted the best I could get for the money and read all the reviews when I spotted these, and while there wasn't a ton to read about what there was was very positive. So I got them and am very pleased. I especially like the bass. I'm not a basshead but I'm not one of those analytical type audiophiles who seem to be completely content with very thin sound(no offense to them just never understood it) ,...
I really think the HP100 have very good bass. they possess a rare feature that other reviewers have mentioned and that is that if the track playing is not particularly bass heavy the headphones sound like headphones without much bass however on track with bass they have such a wonderful effortless bass sound that isn't monstrous but is bottomless and strong through the spectrum. Not te fastest nor are they slow by any means nor are they the most impactfull but they are...
I would say the Soundmagic HP100 should be considered. I could write a brief review here but I encourage you to read the already written reviews. Many other folks with experience with many other headphones have great things to say about these especially for the price. It comes down to what sound signature you prefer.
I own the Soundmagic HP100 and tested the K550 today, although quite briefly. The Soundmagics fit better as they are smaller and seal better. I held the K550 for a proper fit. They both have better than average soundstage and imaging, both never sounding congested. They both aren't thick or warm sounding headphones but the Soundmagic is more neutral and the K550 more bright. The K550 has lots of detail but its treble is a bit too forward and can be too bright while the...
My pair were made FEB 13. I too have read MIXED OPINIONS ON THE BASS. I know for sure that the bass goes very deep without weakening and there are drum beats that have definite impact yet there is a small band of upper bass bordering on lower mids that my M80s put out far more hard hitting than m,y Soundm,agics but again this seems to be quite narrow. As a matter of fact I much more enjoy listening to bass heavy electronica on my Soundmagics than my M80s despite the M80s...