Posts by lumberjake

There were certain characteristics that made the eph100 special and a big one was clarity.They are very clear,especially for being driver based. They also had really well balanced mids,more forward which honestly most of the music is. Yet still has an impactfull kick to the bass that is never ever roomy.
Heard the Dragonfly is a thinner sounding DAC. I use an HRT Headstreamer connected to my Macbook. The HP100 definitely sounds far better through the headstreamer which also has an amp along with a DAC. It is a cheap bare bones device but makes the Soundmagic sound way better. I think these headphones like a bit of power because the bass is just incredible and goes so deep, it will literally vibrate the cups on some EDM tracks. I never really knew that a DAC/amp could...
A couple years late but for anyone still interested regarding kics question regarding bass. I own both the Yam and Pan and if you found the Panasonic weak on the bass don't bother with the Yamaha. They both deliver a quality bass that is never boomy but the Panasonic is just a bit more forward and has a noticeable sub bass that lacks a bit on the Yamaha.
Still love my HP100 but they have fallen a couple of times and have broken at the crotch of the Y cup attachment. What is a bit of a mystery and I am a bit surprised I haven't read about this anywhere is the apparent lack of conductor to the drivers through this  Y piece. Am I missing something obvious or what? I don't see how the signal could reach the drivers. Is it that the Y piece is somehow made from conductive material? It has fallen but not from far and always...
The design of these look somewhat similar to the AKG K67. Anyone listen to both? Not that I have either, just curiosity. I would also like to add my thoughts with respect to my fellow Canadian over pricing. Its absolutely ridiculous that we have a dollar nearly on par with the US yet our Amazon expects us to pay double on nearly everything! Its a rip off. Someone once pointed out that a car built in Ontario Canada went for several thousand MORE here than it did , in the...
Just for your info, the main complaint regarding the Soundmagic hp 100/150 comfort is that the pads are too shallow and some peoples ears end up resting against the inside. I personally have zero issue but my ears are fairly average or shallow I guess. So if you have dumbo ears then they may be an issue. I do love the sound though.
Well, it seams I have gotten better at getting the fit now with the large tips. They are precariously sitting there though. I know I am now getting a seal and good bass but I know the bass could be better because all I have to do is , not even bite, just make my lower jaw meet the upper and the bass improves noticably. I guess this increases the seal or slightly limits the air volume between the driver and my ear drum inside my ear. I would give this thing damn near a...
I have been having a weird time regarding fit with these which explains the bass issues I had. I was attracted to the smaller sizes as I normally fit a med trying to put these in my ear much like the Klipsch X5 (which is similar to the X10 for those who don't know) but it was really to large to go that far yet the tip wouldn't seal. So I eventually ended up using the largest, giving up on any real insertion like the Klipsch but they feel like they are barely sitting in...
Just wanted to share an experiance. Tonight at work I listened to Tool's Aenima album and the final track called third eye was never really my favorite however for the first time I could easily and clearly make out the quiet spoken passage of the song as well as a number of sounds deep in the track which I never heard before which really impressed me as I thought anything to be heard would be through my old Klipsch X5.
Whew. I think I made comments here a bit too hastily after reading through this thread, making conclusions without really trying the various tips. I finally got a good seal(although the provided tips are thin in my opinion.) and listened to some electronic music at night without distraction and definitely say these do have great bass response. Now I am actually extremely pleased with the sound. As mentioned here, not the biggest soundstage but really good separation and...