Posts by lumberjake

I really think the HP100 have very good bass. they possess a rare feature that other reviewers have mentioned and that is that if the track playing is not particularly bass heavy the headphones sound like headphones without much bass however on track with bass they have such a wonderful effortless bass sound that isn't monstrous but is bottomless and strong through the spectrum. Not te fastest nor are they slow by any means nor are they the most impactfull but they are...
I would say the Soundmagic HP100 should be considered. I could write a brief review here but I encourage you to read the already written reviews. Many other folks with experience with many other headphones have great things to say about these especially for the price. It comes down to what sound signature you prefer.
I own the Soundmagic HP100 and tested the K550 today, although quite briefly. The Soundmagics fit better as they are smaller and seal better. I held the K550 for a proper fit. They both have better than average soundstage and imaging, both never sounding congested. They both aren't thick or warm sounding headphones but the Soundmagic is more neutral and the K550 more bright. The K550 has lots of detail but its treble is a bit too forward and can be too bright while the...
My pair were made FEB 13. I too have read MIXED OPINIONS ON THE BASS. I know for sure that the bass goes very deep without weakening and there are drum beats that have definite impact yet there is a small band of upper bass bordering on lower mids that my M80s put out far more hard hitting than m,y Soundm,agics but again this seems to be quite narrow. As a matter of fact I much more enjoy listening to bass heavy electronica on my Soundmagics than my M80s despite the M80s...
I'm listening to some Dubstep via my mac and HRT Headstreamer and they are awesome. They have incredible sub bass or , at least, they go down very low where most headphones either don't or are very weak. Thats what I really like about these is that because they have this excellent response they sound great with everything. They aren't bass monsters but seem to put out allot if its intended in the track. I just love listening to them and really cannot fault them especially...
Well, I took mine to listen to work one day listening to my Sansa Clip Plus but it was connected to my Digizoid ZO 2 amp(the bass was elevated but not crazy) and let the security lady who knows nothing about audio have a gander at some Chrystal Method and she was blown away by the sound. So if you are this level of consumer and not accustomed to Beats these are still impressive even without the ZO2 but I'm sure it helped with this genre of music. Whats strict bass heads...
A little late but I got the Headstreamer used off that auction site for my HP 100 and am very pleased. I use it with my Mac and its great. Just better all around sound. More detail, wider soundstage, better imaging better bass. It has no problem with making bass tighter and harder hitting and less soft. For the money it was a great upgrade. This combo of headphones and DAC/Amp is great in my experiance. While the Soundmagics don't need extra power, I feel a little more...
I know it's sacrilege but I honestly don't find the Beats sound fx all that bad. Its not as over the top as I had imagined. I am impressed with the Ones ability at imaging and details in general. I have a clip plus. Will have to do a ab.
I bought my Soundmagic Hp100 from the same guys and they were great with me. I live in Canada. Their English isn't great but I think they'll backup their word. I get the impression they are a very large retailer and their in Hong Kong, not mainland China. Their not the best communicators but my experience was good and hope things go well for you. As for these sounding shrieky, I found them to be anything but and I think my ears are sensitive to treble. Its a very...
I would like to read more "VS." impressions. I'm always curious as to how the HP100s stack up against the competition, especially the more expensive ones. So, if anyone has other headphones that they could compare, please do. It makes for a very interesting read as I'm relatively new to the hobby and am thrilled with the sound coming out of these, and for just $200.