or Connect

Posts by Eugguy

I'm not calling it a yacht. The jump from the price of the Rox to the Layla is TITANIC! Double the price? What the hell is going on at JH? I know I'm not the only one who feels buttsore over the fact that they just "decided" to release a "new" totl iem within an year period of their previous "totl" iem...
Time to close this thread. The Roxanne (including mine) is now irrelevant in the audio world. Everyone jump on the Layla/Angie ship.
I have to agree with the majority of HF'ers here being pissed off. I also just picked up the Roxanne 3 months ago, (even thought it has been out for well over an year) thinking it would not be superseded with anything for a while, not less than an year. What the hell is going on in the minds at JH? "Hmmm....let's just charge double the price and see how many people we can disappoint!" What a crock. If this doesn't make you feel like your money and investment ISN'T...
Thanks...yeah...it is bad luck...I had better get a replacement with little hassle after this ordeal. They were responsive to my email, so I am at least pleased about that so far. I hope they will follow though for me. 
Yeah, it's a real strange occurrence but it happened. The left ear pierce shattered when I took it out of my ear and placed it back in the metal turn case. I better receive a replacement after this ordeal. It's not like I purposely or even accidentally tried to break these! I expect a well built product at this price!
Ironically, just as this happened the sound was growing on me. I'm hoping this can be fixed quickly/amicably. There isn't much I can do at the moment besides just send them back and wait.
My shell mysteriously cracked and shattered yesterday. I got into contact with um right away. I am 100% careful with my electronics...especially my $1000 plus Iems...I hope this is taken care of. Maybe it was a 3d printing error? I am disappointed at the moment but will keep you posted on how the situation unfolds. I should be covered under warranty as this seems to be a defect. Hopefully UM can make this situation a right one.
If you have surgical skills like me with crazy glue, anything is fixable. You don't know how many iems I've not only managed to repair, but also stabilize and prevent future incidents with super glue skills. 
I have to say...overall I feel the same way about the Roxanne and 846 comparison you wrote! Although ever since receiving the Rox, the 846 (and the UM Mentor) has gotten near 0% usage...ehh, almost makes me want to sell the others. 
I agree with your mini review.. they do sound great and clear. I wish they had a smudge more bass quantity, but it is tight as it stands. These also do respond VERY well to eq according to other users. I'll still hold it with care in my collection as it is a nice piece and still offers a different sound signature as do all my other IEMS, headphones. Enjoy!