Posts by Eugguy

I'm hoping that deals start to open up on various websites...it being Labor Day Weekend and all....I figure that there have to be deals going on...looking to pick up a Universal Roxanne and a AK240.
Thanks! Good info again!
Thanks Cripple, you are definitely one of the more helpful members I've experienced on the forums...if anything, you think it's worth purchasing the newer version? mk2? I've heard the 120 MK1 has high impedance, which may not mesh well with particular headphones. 
Yeah, you've got me thinking about one as well...I will probably keep the Theorem too for what it does. I just have to decide which AK player will suit my needs best. IYHO, Cripple and anyone else with helpful input, I play 320 kbps mp3s typically, not many HQ AAC files...you think it will make a difference if I just use the AK player for HQ mp3 files? (Enough of a difference/upgrade in sound I will be able to notice with the AK120/240?) Or just stick with the 720...
Haha, yeah, I laughed at the first sentence of your response :). Ok, I'll start with this, will it matter if I use mp3's with the AK 120/240? Or in order to take full advantage of what the AK can offer, I have to use high-resolution files. (But I do agree with your second sentence 100%) 
An elementary question, but would the AK120 or 240 make 320kbps mp3's sound any better? 
Shoot...I have to look into that a little more seriously now. I've chosen the 720 because it works well with an iPod touch. I listen to mostly 320 kbps mp3s, and some pure AAC files. I like the theorem because it can also charge the iPod when listening. Used it on a trip and it was very handy. I also like using headphones and iems with the dac/amp. I'm not sure if the AK lines can handle full-sized headphones as well as the theorem, but I guess you can always use a...
It's good to hear you had experience with the 120.
I actually picked one up a few weeks ago. I feel the same way about them as well. I have 4 IEMS, 4 headphones. It works nicely with headphones, not too bad with IEMS. There is a slight hiss. Have you had an opportunity to compare it or test it against anything else DAC wise? It is my first DAC, only other amp I've owned was the JDS C421 which did a nice job. 
How do you find your theorem 720?