Posts by Fishfood

Xmas gift. Hardly used. Moving up to a DACmagic. I'll pay shipping. USA only.   I have excellent feedback on AudiogoN as dhcod.
Schiit Magni brand new never opened. Got it for Christmas but also bought and another amp and this never used. Still in original box and plastic wrapper. Comes with wall wart and manual. I have great feedback as dhcod on AudiogoN.
Posted earlier in the wrong forum...   This is sure not what I expected. I got my AT EWS9s today and have been listening for a while. My old headphones are PX100s with HD414 earpads. I'm afraid I don't like the ATs at all. More bass sure but air wise and tonally I don't think they are close to the PX100s. What's my problem? Bad ears? Or good ears :)    Do I need to spend a lot more on say HE-500s to really improve the sound? Or is there another portable headphone...
This is sure not what I expected. I got my AT EWS9s today and have been listening for a while. My old headphones are PX100s with HD414 earpads. I'm afraid I don't like the ATs at all. More bass sure but air wise and tonally I don't think they are close to the PX100s. What's my problem? Bad ears? Or good ears :) Or did I maybe get a fake pair? (They were a gift.) Now that I look closely, the wood kinda seems like plastic. Oh no! I'm not sure....   Do I need to spend a...
By the way, this is my first sale here but I have excellent feedback on Audiogon and eBay under dhcod.
Just got these as a bridge between selling my old floor standing speakers and finding new ones that fits my new place. Was hoping to keep the STAX but the cost of the Harbeths I bought was higher than expected so the system has to go. The ear speakers are in fantastic shape and were checked along with the T1 at an authorized STAX repair place. The T1 had the tubes replaced (Toshiba NOS, which sound great!) and bias set. This is a really clean and wonderful sounding set....
Stax told me that my Lambda Signatures were very similar but certainly comparable to the 407s. Whether there's a sound difference between the 407 and 507 is up for debate. You'd have to be in the world where cables make a difference and in my experience that takes a pretty expensive front end and very expensive amplification.
  I'm sorry. I'm still unclear. If I turn the preheat off with the power switch pressed on, the light on the preheat still is glowing so it doesn't seem like the amp is off. Is it? I'd like to keep the amp on all the time as I do my other equipment because in my experience, things sound a lot better that way. With tube gear, it requires a separate switch for the tubes but I'm still unclear if the preheat switch is what that is for.
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find it:   Could someone explain Pre-Heat on my SRM-T1? Do I just click it for a few minutes before I turn on the power switch or do I leave the power switch on all the time and un-click the preheat when I'm done listening to turn off the tubes? It's confusing.   Just had the new Toshiba matched pair biased and the unit sounds fantastic! Old tubes were distorting... was worried it was the headphone but it wasn't...
I bet they sound incredible. I wanted to get a DA80 for my Quads. Never could find one close by that was in good enough shape. It's a great amplifier!