Posts by samandhi

I have this same issue. I usually have to delete the connection and re-pair/connect the headphones. I think this is a bug/issue with the Windows BT driver... I have tried this with a windows 7 computer and do not have this problem. I also think this started with Windows 8. They have not changed the driver for it. This is the ONLY platform (and version) I have this issue with. Mac, android, etc...   BTW, this is not the only BT headphone I have this issue with in Windows...
   +1
   Please see: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612502/sennheiser-hd-700-impressions-thread/6930#post_12977204 post number 6944.
   I think he's trolling.. Just ignore him.. You know as well as I, that even the people that DON'T like the HD700 would never in a million years say that the bass in these is overpowering. It's pretty obvious (to me) that he is trying to start some drama!   He basically says the same thing on the "HD650 too much bass?" thread.  And then later:
   Agree with this 100%. Absolutely love that about these headphones, because I CAN be somewhat of a bass-head at times, but with some songs it just sounds wrong. I also think that the HD700 is one of the best at driving this same wonderful sound at lower volume levels too. IMO, they don't lose that energy at lower volume levels. Now, when I was much younger I would LOVE to just crank it, thinking it sounded better just because it was really loud, and didn't distort. Now,...
   I agree with this, but I think that even the wired passive mode sounds a bit better on the M2 than on the M1. Also, don't forget USB mode. I think this is the best sounding mode that the M2 wireless has.    More to the point, I think that he was asking about a comparison between M2 wireless (in passive wired mode), and the M2 wired (which I can't comment because I have not heard the M2 wired headphones), but I could be wrong since they have convoluted it so much with...
   I use these on my Note 4, so very similar sound output levels (whereas my Note 2 was louder with them). It DOES in fact depend on the device to some extent also. I find that my iPod Touch 5th gen is not as loud (overall) as the android phones. Also, keep in mind (not sure if you are a "rooter" or not) that if you root your android phone, you can install Viper4android, and boost the output level (even on BT devices) quite a bit. I have tested it, and it is really too...
It should be found on the box.
I would say that his hearing is fairly poor then. I have experienced AND read that they do indeed sound very different wired vs wireless. And there is a third comparison also. USB audio sounds different again. IMO the order is: USB 《 wireless 《 wired.As for the wired mode compared to m2 wired only headphones, I cannot say as I have not listened to both. I have heard both, they sound the same, and that they do not, but would assume they should sound the same, as they are...
I would be curious to know; have you checked the authenticity code to verify they are not imitated? I can't believe they would sound THAT much different. Also, I would be curious to know the difference in manufacturing dates for both your pairs. I have had mine for about 2 years now, and they sound more like your described first pair.