Posts by samandhi

IMHO, I think that there is not that much of a difference (sonically) in the M1 and M2, that if you chose either, you would be happy. This is all dependent on if you are interested in the fit, the portability, and those kinds of factors. I own both, and find them both to sound very good to ears.
  Looks very nice. Hard to believe how much different they look with just that little mod.... 
  What happened to the original? Did you order those from Senn, or was it sent as warranty type thing?
  Good place to start is: http://diyah.boards.net/   Or there is a ton of info here at head-fi too. G'luck!
  If you'll read back a couple of pages, I have been engaged in the very same question, where a few people have made some awesome suggestions. 
  OK. So, I have used the HD700s on video games (namely, The Witcher 3), and I have to say I am totally amazed beyond what I was amazed when I first listened to some music with these. The person that posted here that they are almost surround on your head was right on the money. I can hear things that (in other headphones) would sound like simply coming from the right side (for example), but with the 700s, I can pick out how far, and if it is a little right front, or right...
OK. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I think I am leaning towards the Project Ember, for the versatility. This way I can also use my other headphones if I so choose (that, and the cost is pretty decent, it would seem).
  I know the WA3 is OTL, but isn't the WA6 transformer coupled? I am not familiar with the impedance of the IE80s. Are they lower impedance? Edit: I guess I'm curious to know if an the WA3 would push my momentum wireless (in wired mode) poorly, which are only 28ohms, or most of my other HPs, which are also very low impedance compared to the 700s.
  I haven't really taken the opportunity to use them for movies (though I have read they are killer for movies AND video gaming), because I just cant get enough of watching movies through my dvd/dvd-audio/sacd player. It has discrete multi-channel output to my reciever. While watching standar DVD (nowadays) sucks, I just cant get over how good it sounds to me. I do (once in a great while) still listen to my Senn RS140's though.   I have plugged them into my Yammy receiver...
  Thanks very much! I am in hopes of finding something much better too. I am going to have to since my taste in audio equipment seems to have gone up into what my wife would call "outer space" (money wise). But, this could be a good thing. In the past, I have been somewhat quick to pull the trigger on something that I want. Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of research, but with the time off I have now, I can spend more time finding exactly what I want. While I won't make any...