or Connect

Posts by samandhi

Does she have the X3 or the X3II? I thought you had said X3II a while back, but could have misread that, because that is what I use. I happen to agree that it doesn't really need amped with that device, but it DOES sound a bit better using one.      On the X3II I actually eq'ed everything up to +6 (because FiiO shift everys thing -6 when using EQ, so really it is more like eq'ing back to 0). Then I eq'ed 8k down to +2. It gets rid of the "hot" part, but keeps the detail...
   Maybe there is something wrong with your headphones, as there is 0 distortion on even max level on mine. There also is 0 rattle in the speakers (that I can hear/feel). I have listened to them on my PC, 2 different generations of iPod touch (3rd and 5th gen), android phone (note 2, 3, and 4), and 2 different FiiO devices (X3 II, and X5), and also with 2 different FiiO amps (E17, and E17K) and have heard no distortion or rattling of any kind at any volume level. And, the...
   Keep in mind that the description "IOS" and "Android" versions are only in the cable that comes with it (which, of course, are interchangeable). You can get either cable that works on either device. It's really all about Apple having proprietary rights over the button functionality of these cables. But, congrats on getting a good deal. You'll love em'!    Yes, it is normal. Apple earbuds are super efficient (meaning they don't  take very much at all to drive them)...
    There are basically 4 modes that you can listen to the headphones in. Wireless - When power is turned on BT is activated, and the ANC is always on. It cannot be turned off while in this mode. Wired passive - The wire is hooked up from the headphone to the DAP/amp/etc. In this mode, power is turned off, and so too is the ANC circuit. Wired active - Same as wired passive, except that power is on. The BT circuit will not work in this mode, but ANC is always on. USB - You...
   I own both, and agree with this. They sound so much alike, it is hard to pick out the differences (unless you have golden ears), but they ARE there, if you are determined to find them. If you are looking at the M1, make sure that you try them first, as they are much smaller on your ears.    As to build, they are built (other than the hinge and different sized cups) almost exactly the same (quality AND looks). You really can't go wrong with either pair (unless your head...
   You might be right. I just know that at some point FiiO enabled EQ for LO, and it would stand to reason that gain would also effect this.
   What gain setting is your X3 set at? (I could be wrong on this but) I think the gain settings effect LO of the DAP too.   It is really going to depend on the headphones you are using. In this case, for the HD700, (IMO) high gain is always better. It is not just for the volume, but for the control that it offers.   It is not really about output impedance because the LO or HO impedance is (generally) static on most amps. This only really comes into play when you violate...
   Same. Rock solid at all times on PC.....
   Flac IS lossless.....:)
   I have not seen any that have REV03 in the number, I have only seen REV02, and REV01. If I were you, I would check the authenticity of those using the scratch off and entering it into the Sennheiser website. If they are authentic, then as long as they don't say REV01 in the number, you have the second revision (at least).    As for PC, all you can do is get an AptX BT transmitter that plugs into USB (for example). Your Sound card, or DAC doesn't really have much to do...