Posts by HalidePisces

Anyone have both the original iCan Micro and the new iCan Nano? It'd be nice to see a detailed review on the comparisons between the two, if only to see how well iFi managed to make a portable version of its much beloved predecessor. The biggest changes I can see are the lowered gain and output power, but those aren't problems since they're both understandable (while the Micro is slightly bigger and can be made portable with a battery pack, the Nano is designed as an...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/12/tales-zestiria-will-released-worldwide/ Make of that what you will.
The recent rave and review on your gaming thread is probably the biggest boost of recognition to the MA900 on Head-Fi since that early shoddily-done negative review that killed the MA900 discovery bandwagon.By the way, anyone have recommendations on what to use and how to clean the MA900 pads?
I have the MA900 and it is SO COMFORTABLE. I like to wear them a bit forward so the rear end of the cups goes under my ear and feels like a clip-on. I find bass on the MA900 to be polite but not overly so; it lets you know quite well it's there, but never overwhelms everything else. It's been fun listening to tracks with ambient bass on the MA900 (give this wonderful track a listen). It has edged out my AD900 for general listening. The MA900 is small and very lightweight...
Not sure if this makes you feel better.: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/asiasoft-to-release-pso-2-and-dc-universe-online-in-southeast-asia-6409039(also, inb4 t3h EU/NA people whine about how SE Asia might be getting an official English release before they will)Anyway, I thought the PSO2 IP block is only a limited block. As in, it doesn't affect every non-Japanese IP. So proxies and other such shenanigans should work. I can understand why Sega might implement a regional IP...
Here's an update on the Index Holdings bankruptcy... http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/02/report-sega-sammy-interested-in-bidding-for-atlus-parent-company/ Sega Sammy being among the bidders isn't a surprise. I wonder if we'll get some less expected bidders like during the THQ bankruptcy.
I facepalmed when Final Fantasy XI was announced as a MMORPG. But I've come to terms with it. Final Fantasy XIV being another numbered entry that's a MMORPG doesn't really bother me as much now. Phantasy Star Online 2 isn't terribad, though I wish Sega would do a more traditional RPG like the old tetralogy.Oh dear gods, I just saw the Breath of Fire VI pics and it's undeniably a casual social game. There have been a number of such casual games, some based on long running...
Now, now... let's not give Squeenix any ideas. Best case scenario given what we know is that Breath of Fire VI would be a MMORPG akin to Phantasy Star Online 2. For those not in the know, PSO2 doesn't stray too far from your typical MMORPG and has been out for PC and Vita, but there are plans for Android and iOS ports.
Saints Row 3 is more fun on hard mode without the upgrades. You're forced to make your shots count and use cover (human shields, vehicles, hard cover) rather than go all Leeroy Jenkins. And a hit from a Brute is enough to send you from full health to two shots away from death. Success makes you feel more badass *because* you're not a god. That said, I still prefer Saints Row 2 where enemies remained a credible threat throughout the game without me having to go out of the...
That's standard industry practice regarding TOS for everything nowadays.In other new-gen console news, a lot of that RAM may not be going towards where you think it'd be going.Also, the Wii U is doing pretty bad right now, due to lack of games (which might give Nintendo some incentive to buy Atlus). It's being outsold by both the original Wii and the PS Vita. You know your console is doing bad when the Vita outsells it. I'm curious to see how Nintendo will rebound next...