Posts by Andrew LB

HUGE thanks to everyone here who spent the time and money discovering this mod. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD580's that I purchased way back when I first registered for this forum and after going through two cables, two sets of pads (multiple washings each), and now a cracked Y that holds the left assembly (repaired with Satellite City HotStuff)... I was moments away from spending way too much money on new headphones because I didn't think replacing the cracked...
It's a shame that so much of their music has been turned to crap by people who have no idea what they're doing deciding to record a vinyl record or other media and pass it off on the net as the best thing going. Especially since they are two of the most brilliant musicians from a technical aspect as well as their incredible attention to detail. Some people just can't seem to get past their outfits and open their ears to the great music they produce.   I worked for a...
  Not necessarily true. My Fiio D3 DAC has a PCB that says D3M02 yet it has the silver RCA's, Wolfson WM8805 SPDIF receiver, TI LMV358 opamp, and  Cirrus Logic 4344 DAC. And the PCB is not missing any components like the half-assed D3M02's shown on that website.   Here is mine.   [img]http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/AndrewKalionzes/FiioD3M02_zpsef9808de.jpg[/IMG]
I just took delivery of 2x Voskhod 6zh1p-EV gold grid tubes and I must say, everything you guys say about them is absolutely true. Fantastic tubes.    On Tuesday I have 2x electro harmonix 6h30pi-EV gold pin power tubes coming. I'm excited. 
In all honesty, replies like the one seen above are exactly why this forum is beginning to get a bad reputation for being rude , arrogant, and unhelpful. In the time it took to go find a link to another forum u could have easily simply answered his question. By recommending  either some Novosibirsk 6H6P-I power tubes which are fantastic and cost about $ 50.   People need to remember that everyone here was new to this hobby at one point and like this guy... You came...
I know it's an older thread, but I wanted to point out a few things regarding the X-fi Titanium HD.   First off, it's great for gaming because many modern games can produce 5.1 surround sound, and because of the X-fi DSP and onboard audio encoding... all sounds can be processed on chip, converted by either Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect to a nice digital signal that can be sent to your receiver via Toslink optical or across your computers system bus to many modern...
delete
Quote: Originally Posted by grawk Well, the $1999 macbook pro 15" with the 2.4ghz chip both has a faster bus and a faster video card. It also has a gigabit ethernet card and fw800. So yah, it's more expensive (tho not 3x as expensive, like you implied), but you do get some benefits for your money. And for some people, running a pirated operating system isn't something they are willing to do. Hmm.... i just priced it out on Mac's website and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Raez Moral of the story: PC > Mac Exactly. I spent $1200 for a decked out Dell XPS m1530 (specs below) and not only does it smoke my brothers $3500 Mac Book Pro.... but I also taught my "untrendy PC" some pretty nice tricks. Such as running OSx86 Leopard. Dell XPS m1530- - 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 - 4gb PC800 DDR2 - nVidia Geforce 9800m GT 512mb PCI-Express Graphics - 128gb G.Skill 150+ mb/s...