Posts by ddd777

Well matched amplifier is more important for k340 than any of the mods... Your WA3 might work the treat, as it is of very similar construction to mine: SET, OTL, class A, just uses different type of tubes - hopefuly it will be great pairing with k340 for you. I use Consonance and couldn't be happier. Also, as it is a tube amplifier, different tube variants change heavily k340 response, so you can adjust how much resolution/softness/bass/mids/alts you need. After numerous...
Psvanes el84 + Lorenz 12au7 - love this combination on Consonance amp driving my AKG k340. Very musical in the midrange, yet crisp at both ends of spectrum. Perfect combination for strings, chamber music and vocals.
Hi guys. Is there any portable DAP capable of playing 24bit 88.2kHz audio files? obviously AK120, hifiman 910 and DX90 can do it, but question is: are there any cheaper options, or DX90 is about the cheapest out there with 88.2 support?   Thanks for your help!
I think it was 1977 or 1978.And they sound much better than they look.After I got my NOS pair, I sold within a week k702, k240sextett and k550 altogether, they are this good.And as I read online about bass heavy or light versions and big differences between pairs, I think that it might be due to electret element fatigue - ma pair just sounded fantastic from first minute, so Im not even thinking about modding it.Excellent and highly underrated phones at very good price...
You can find velour pads on ebay - look for pads for AKG k240 or AKG k271 - they will fit: its a tight fit, but I had them and it was ok. I prefer pleather, however.
I just popped in to say a big "thank you" for your advice: Psvanes with consonance is really it. You nailed it perfectly! I match two psvanes with telefunken for the power and akg k340 connected at 'high' position output, and I couldnt be happier! It just oozes so much musicality, sweetness and brilliancy.. What a perfect little setup it is.thank you, sir, for excellent match.
I bought mine (well, two of mines) on ebay.co.uk. They cost me £16 plus p&p.I can see it also online in some shops, if you google "cube c30 player" you should see it on a first page in top 10 results, but I dont know the shop so it would be wise of you to check it first. And, goodvibes, I didnt say that c30 and studio are identical - c30 and studio are very similar - but obviously have some differences between them - it sounds to my ears like different opamp being used,...
You can get it on aliexpress from China (around $30), also It pops up from time to time much cheaper on amazon and ebay and in online stores.Good as a backup player. Flac's quality is truly amazing - very, very close to Studio, as they share same chip, menu and most of electronics, although with weaker battery (17 instead of 60 hours playback) and no inline input to use as a external amp.Hiss level is about the same, and you also get radio, txt reader, BBE profiles and...
Yes, there is a Cube c30 player that shares a lot of same electronics and even the user menu and their sound signature is very similar - in fact, with some settings finely tuned (eq -2,-1,0,-1+2) it sounds very, very similar. Only difference is when playing mp3 files, as it sounds not to good - but FLACs with user settings - man, its like two siblings. And it cost less then $20 which is good.
Hi,   Up for grabs is fantastic digital audio player: Studio V 3rd anniv. edition, higly regarded amongst all music lovers, offering extraordinary sound quality, with well deserved, raving reviews, for example: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634747/hisoundaudio-studio-v-3rd-anniversary-edition-review   Unit is in pristine condition, as seen on photos, was well looked after, original box included. It was purchased for £360 and is not much different from the new one, so grab...