or Connect

Posts by kid vic

Maybe the Denon AH-D2K/5K/7K (three seperate models) or the Fostex TH-600/TH-X00. The are considered semi open though
EML Ritual- Chemical brothers
7.5/10   Watch this with your girlfriend; lots of heartbreak, twists and turns, every decision is a bad one but suitable ending (kind of). Well told story not really kid friendly.
 +1 Great soundstage, neutral, non-fatiguing. I'm pretty sure the got an A+ in the gaming headphones thread 
I run my HE-500 off of a speaker amp (vintage Yamaha CA-600). A good vintage integrated amp will give you more options than any headphone amp for the same sound quality or better, and the OP could probably find a peachtree or dacmagic used or even get one of schitts DAC's.
your choice, all my audio gear I've purchased used and had work well for me but its all up to you. The nice thing about used gear is that you can sometimes pick up end game gear for mid-range prices.
Well the TH-600 and TH-X00 are almost identical through and through so OP the could definitely pick up a used TH-600 for around the same price.
Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!
The HD700 is lighter at 270g but a Stax SR-009 is 454g without the cable. Different headphone yes but for an endgame can to be roughly the same 100g difference means it couldn't be that bad. Yes closed cans have a smaller soundstage but their not as bad as people make them out to be. The width is almost often the same in size it's just the way ambient noise (no matter how subtle) interact with open cans it what makes open cans sound bigger and therefore open. Hope the OP...