Posts by machoboy

You'll grow out of it.
I actually don't like the 600/650 very much (I like some brightness), so I'm not saying it's blasphemy to equalize it.  It's just that it's like living in a city full of burger joints, finding the one sushi place, and telling them to go buy some ground beef and make you a burger. It just seems to me one could save time (and perhaps money) by just choosing one of the hundreds of pre-EQ'd headphones out there (burgers).   The 600s/650s are designed to sound this...
Any headphone or speaker that's very flat will sound "veiled" because all of the sound is crowded into the same levels. Just like erratic treble spikes give us a sense of clarity.   The entire point of the HD600 & HD650 is textbook flatness so I personally think it's kind of redundant to try to "cure" them of the same thing that gave them their pricetag, but whatever suits your fancy.
I found my DT 770s perfect for portable use when I had them. That said, maybe check out the Sony V6? Cheap, easy to drive, bass is woofy without being absurd, treble is bright but not painful, very portable.
  Nice understatement
These headphones have been made in multiple countries for multiple decades and besides that suffer from the same quality control of a budget headphones produced by a global conglomerate.   I'm sure you would notice differences between two V6s just as much as between a V6 and a 7506.   Not to mention a huge number of counterfeits in circulation.
Amazon audio reviews are like Youtube political video comments. Reading them gives me ulcers.
Love the look, hate the feel and sound.
An adult vs Teen civil war brewing on head-fi.   I knew this day would come...
I haven't been following these closely but aren't they usually closer to $300?   Shure SRH940  $235   http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH940-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B004MTE7EK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353332022&sr=8-3&keywords=shure+srh840